Yard find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No hurry, it's a hobby. I don't have a shop to work out of, so weather plays a big role in repairs. I do know that I can go out to work on this thing in the morning and next thing I know it's suppertime. Lot's of fun.

I bought my factory gas tank from Cruiser Dan about 1 1/2 years ago and I think it was around $300.

Great goat thread! Looks like fun.:beer:

Well, it's been a mild Winter here in OK so far. Got the floor repairs welded in and seats recovered. Things are looking pretty good under the hood also. Here are a couple of pics.
From this:
Image1-1.jpg

To this:
P2110012.jpg

P2110009.jpg

And this:
IMG_0095-1.jpg

To this:
P2110010.jpg

Still some clean-up and refurbishing to do under the hood, but those are the fun little projects.
And finally got some decent turn signals.
P2110011.jpg

Lots of work left to do, but I have it where it is drivable now and can begin enjoying the fruits of my labor. Thanks to all here on Mud for the advise and the parts I was able to acquire through the Mud community.
Later, Charlie

Last edited:
Amazing work! Looks great.

Toygoata is looking awesome! :lol:
You did a great job under the hood, so now drive that beast around for a while and then work out what you need to do next.

i just read this whole thread--awesome find and great job so far!!!!!!! l bet the goats are so sad they lost their playhouse!!!!!!

Fantastic job under that hood...keep it up!

Diamond in the rough or dock anchor?

I love the pictures. The ones with the goats on it are classics. My opinion of my own 40 changes each time I read these posts from Wow, I cant believe I bought such a P.O.S. to Wow, Mine is in really good shape. Looking at the yard find I see a parts truck. Lots of good parts but so much $$ to get it in reliable driving, decent looking condition. You would be better off finding a solid daily driver for $7K to $9K. Mine looked about like that when I hauled it home 3 years ago except it was running (but not drivable) with a good 1F engine and the brake system had been restored. I'll be into it for another $5K before I'm done plus hundreds of hours of work.

:meh: it's a hobby, he seems to be enjoying himself and he's way ahead of me with my '77 already, so I say diamond in the rough. For sure.

:meh: it's a hobby, he seems to be enjoying himself and he's way ahead of me with my '77 already, so I say diamond in the rough. For sure.

+1 Entering into any automotive "project" expecting a return on investment is foolish. We all do it for lots of different reasons, but money well spent is pretty low on the list.:hillbilly:

Amazing clean up under the hood by the way:beer:

Considering I only have $1600 invested so far and it runs and drives like a champ, I am extremely happy with the Toygoata.

I have to second the suggestion to add a Dodge Ram emblem somewhere. . .

Can't dodge anything in a L.C. anyway. . .might as well ram. . .

Good find, I just love working on these things. Yes, with me it is a hobby more than anything. I used to be into long distance motorcycle riding. Had a ZZR1200 set up with radar detection, satellite radio, CB radio, GPS. After a couple of crashes and 60,000 miles later, I had to have my neck fused together and I decided it was time to settle down with a safer pastime. Fishing and re-doing old FJ40's seems to fill the bill right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom