Yard find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, let me know if you want to flip it now and take cash. I will give you $2,600 now and pick it up. (start subliminal message now- "take the money and run, bird in the hand, money pit")

Crickets..... ;)

Whoever put the screen over the air intake likely saved the motor from the rats. No telling what would have ended up down the carb!

Looks like all you have to do is get it running, get it stopping, tires, hubcaps, floorboard repairs, seat covers, shifter boot, remove the aftermarket lights, and a nice paint job. At that point what would it be worth? $15-$20K? What a SCORE!!

Whoever put the screen over the air intake likely saved the motor from the rats. No telling what would have ended up down the carb!

Not really. I bought a 76 that had pack rats at one time. The filter saved the engine. Can't remember how bad the paper element was but the metal screening on the inside was still good. I did have have to clean up a bunch of crap ahead of the air filter. It was wirings that I really had to check out. I towed the cruiser more than a 150 miles and still found cactus needles on top of the transmission transfer case. Probably not as much of a problem in OK as it is in AZ:rolleyes:

I was totally thrilled with my 76 for what I paid for it but still no near as low as you paid. Great score.:cheers:

I also noticed this little difference in my FJ's. My 76 has lockout hubs. What is the story on these? Good? Bad?
IMG_0114.jpg

My '76 still had drive plates when I picked it up in Louisiana. Very cool-and pretty rare. Those goats are hilarious - I bet they miss that cruiser already.

Last edited:
I agree, keep that thing as original as possible. I got mine and there was very little that was still original. Geat find!

Even if you decide to keep the drive plate your going to want to remove them to service the hubs. The end is just a dust cap. Remove that to take the C clip off the end of the axle. Remove the six and lock washers. Using a brass punch drive the end of those six studs until the cone washers pop out. The two thread holes are to use bolts to jack the drive plate off. Not taking the C clip off or the removeing the cone washers will make it almost impossible to remove.

I hate you!

No really though, awesome find and screaming deal! Glad it went to someone who will take good care of her. Hope to see the Land Goat running soon. Fawking awesome man...congrats and great story...goats are a nice touch...ha!

LandGoat, I love it. Owner assures me he will produce a title. Going back Thursday morning to clean the rat crap out of the engine compartment and floor boards. I'd rather not bring any critters to my house if at all possible. I will take more pics then.

oh, come on, "GoatCruiser" is so natural, it just rolls off the tongue!

haha...this is a great awesome thread bro...I know some folks are really MAD at you for such a find and price you paid for it.

CONGRATS!!!!

haha...this is a great awesome thread bro...I know some folks are really MAD at you for such a find and price you paid for it.

CONGRATS!!!!

the more enthusiasts that buy cruisers and take good care of them, the longer the dwindling pool of trucks and parts will remain on the market, which benefits all of us. i am happy that you spotted this cruiser before it rusted away to nothing!

(but i am jealous it wasn't me :)

the more enthusiasts that buy cruisers and take good care of them, the longer the dwindling pool of trucks and parts will remain on the market, which benefits all of us. i am happy that you spotted this cruiser before it rusted away to nothing!

(but i am jealous it wasn't me :)

Well.......believe it or not, I know where there is another one within 50 miles of me that is setting in an obscure location and needs rescued. I am hovering over that one like a vulture also. Owner is back east and should be released (either from the Military or Prison I'm not sure which) sometime this year. His brother says he won't sell, but money in hand seems to cure that problem when people are hurting for cash.

Am I turning into an FJ40 Hoarder? Is there a "This idiot needs help" TV show in my future?

Where in Ok are ya?
I'm only 12 miles from the border, Bonham, Tx I gots my own hoard, it is an addiction.

Well.......believe it or not, I know where there is another one within 50 miles of me that is setting in an obscure location and needs rescued. I am hovering over that one like a vulture also. Owner is back east and should be released (either from the Military or Prison I'm not sure which) sometime this year. His brother says he won't sell, but money in hand seems to cure that problem when people are hurting for cash.

Am I turning into an FJ40 Hoarder? Is there a "This idiot needs help" TV show in my future?

Can lightning strike twice? You must lead a charmed life! Happy for anyone who can rescue a cruiser from a certain corosion, rat, and goat death. Good luck!

Very nice score, keep the hood ornament!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom