Wanted WTB Land Cruiser fender script (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is being printed in metal as we speak. I can send it to @scrapdaddy or @Megadoomer for install test - who would be ready?

Leadtime is ~2 weeks, like all things from Shapeways.

Good news! Let Doomer try, mine are good and not needed. I want some for my stash.

Thanks again for putting in all the time it takes to pull something like this together.

Roger. I ordered two finishes from Shapeways - polished steel and nickel. I'll get them first and take a gander, then pass along to Doomster.

Shapeways got back to me, said the part kept breaking in production. I had to thicken some walls and re-submit.

So... patience. Bah.

So they finally delivered, and built the part without the posts! Bah, totally useless.

I had a conversation with the reps and they're rebuilding, this time with mounting posts. Stay tuned. Still.

I was backing in to my driveway and looked over at the Pig as I always do. My eyes always dart to the "LandC" on the fender and thought about this. Now I know.

It's in, looks beautiful. I'll mail to doomer tomorrow for install and review!
20210907_180103.jpg
20210907_180110.jpg
20210907_180117.jpg

Last edited:
Hello!
Nice work and good amount of effort to get this product to this point.
curious, what type of metal this is? Wonder if it will polish on the face and be able to be chrome plated.

I received it yesterday or at least decided to look at my porch and it was there. It does look great and feels sturdy. I tried it on and the 2 posts for the L and C fit perfect. The post for the R seems to be short about 1-2mm. I only tried my passenger side. I was going to pull the script I have off the driver side and check it there.
Screenshot_20210913-110125_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210913-110154_Gallery.jpg

Hello!
Nice work and good amount of effort to get this product to this point.
curious, what type of metal this is? Wonder if it will polish on the face and be able to be chrome plated.

The material is polished nickel steel. I'm a little rusty on my chemistry and need to check about its ability to take on a chrome plating. We could go with all sorts of metals if chrome plating is the final goal. I'm hoping @Megadoomer feels comfortable rattle-can blacking the whole thing then just buffing clean the high portions - I think that would look cleanest.

@Megadoomer, we went back and forth on those post locations and I'm not too surprised to hear that two of the three are good and one's a bastard. If you feel it's acceptable given the amount of filing it'll require then I'll share the CAD with everyone here. If you think it needs another round we can do it, but they're running about $50 each plus 3-4 weeks lead time from Shapeways. Lemme know your thoughts.

I can make it work. When you force it in the hole you can feel it warp the badge. I have no problem wowing out the hole to fit the badge you sent. I think others that have pristine paint may not like it. It may be worth trying to get the post moved a tiny tiny.

I wanted to add that I'd like to pay you for the badge and the delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom