WKOR slider install on AHC LX 470 - do I need to bend this line? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tried installing my new WKOR sliders yesterday but had to give up because I ran into a thick hard line on the driver's side that wouldn't budge and I didn't want it touching the slider directly. I'm assuming it's AHC?

1000010194.jpg

Wanted to bend it out a few mm for the u-bolt to clear but it feels basically impossible - the thick line really didn't want to leave the mounting clip and when I pulled it out it slid right back in.

Any suggestions on what to do here? Can I just add some padding between the slider and the line or does it absolutely need the clearance?

The smaller line (I'm assuming it's a brake line) is a lot more flexible and I have a brake line bending tool I'm planning on using for that.

If memory serves me correctly, this is on the inside of the driver-side frame rail? I'll have to check mine over lunch and update here, but I believe I was able to get the mounting plate behind it.

Also, I'm assuming you went with the AHC compatible (2-post) sliders when you ordered from WKOR?

Yes, this is on the inside of the driver-side frame rail, where the first post is supposed to mount (near the first row of the vehicle). And I did get the AHC compatible 2-post sliders.

I'm not concerned that I can get the u-bolt behind it, I just want to make sure that I won't be damaging anything if I don't bend the thick line.

Pics or it didn’t happen 😉

Out of curiosity is there a wait for the WKOR sliders right now? Thinking about ordering a set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom