LX470 Stance After AHC Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, does the stance of this LX look a bit sketch…the front seems lower than the back?

The dealer tells me the PO performed the AHC conversion but the brand of the shocks are from Gabriel so I’m not holding much hope that it was a decent effort.

IMG_8789.jpeg

IMG_8793.jpeg

Having a slight rake is normal, that said, that truck it seems a bit steep. I'd look more into what they used post-AHC - did the leave the LX torsion bars in, swap to 100 series or ?

I asked about the torsion bars but the dealer didnt know and not knowing what it looked like, it was the blind leading the blind.

I test drove it today and the truck felt smooth and refined until we took a curve coming off the exit on the highway and a pronounced vibration was perceptible until I slowed. He played it off as an unbalanced tire but I checked the date code and 3 of the four matched the month/year except the driver side front, which was only slightly newer.

I wasnt sure if this was a suspension problem or tire but he was going to have them rebalanced this week.

Here's the ad, and he even sandblasted and rustoleumed the frame.

If the vibration disappears after the rebalancing, I was going to get a PPI before committing. What are ya'lls thoughts?

They woulda remembered doing the torsions. My mechanic bitched about it for a while. And it was the bulk of the labor $$

If the price is right you can always get it done, assuming that’s the problem. But… $$

I looked up the service records on the Lexus driver site and took a pass. You should see for yourself. Add in the VIN

Ahhh ok I checked out the VIN on the Lexus website but the AHC is a vastly different animal than the FZJ that I had and didn’t recognize the implications from an inadequate swap.

Thanks for having my back gents!

I’ll keep looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom