Wits End / Glove Box Insert (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey has anyone else ordered a glove box insert from Wits End. I did when they announced it was going to be the last run of them. I know they had some production issues and I think maybe he moved his shop into a new location. My original order was June 24th. I've reached out several times via email and phone, with no response. Not in a hurry on this, but just wanted some confirmation the order is going to be filled. I've since ordered some smaller parts from them and received them quickly. Just thought somebody on here might know.

Cheers!

With as busy as he's been with the business itself, having to relocate again, and other life priorities, he's likely still pushing hard to catch up. He's a stable fixture here on Mud so this is a good avenue to get a hold of him sometimes.

@NLXTACY any news on glove box insert production?

I'm in the same compartment(sorry, couldn't resist) as Jimi5Stone, ordered back in July, couldn't get a reply on any channel. There was an email in the fall that came from a woman named Jessi(spouse, girlfriend, partner?) that said there had been a production delay. That said it would be mid to late November. The last time I looked at the web page for the insert, it said the expected ship date was going to be after Jan 15th. I'm not sure where I saw this, but he posted somewhere that he had the pallet of inserts but didn't want to break open the pallet until he was settled in the new space and could be in a position to handle/package/ship them with the requisite care they need. I figure I have waited 32 years for this widget, what's another month or two.

I'm in the same compartment(sorry, couldn't resist) as Jimi5Stone, ordered back in July, couldn't get a reply on any channel. There was an email in the fall that came from a woman named Jessi(spouse, girlfriend, partner?) that said there had been a production delay. That said it would be mid to late November. The last time I looked at the web page for the insert, it said the expected ship date was going to be after Jan 15th. I'm not sure where I saw this, but he posted somewhere that he had the pallet of inserts but didn't want to break open the pallet until he was settled in the new space and could be in a position to handle/package/ship them with the requisite care they need. I figure I have waited 32 years for this widget, what's another month or two.
Yeah I was aware of all this. I’m in no hurry was just surprised by the lack of communication and return correspondence. I’ve had nothing but success from them in the past and I’m sure the wait will be worth it. Thanks.

I'm having problems reaching out to wits-end no Email response and no Phone call response I have order parts is all ready one month

He has been going thru an unplanned relocation of his shop, and I understand he had knee surgery in the past week or ten days. While it may not be in the timeframe you'd like, I'm confident you will get what you ordered.

86aggie is correct. I ordered mine in July as well. He did report a day before surgery that either have arrived or soon. Not speaking for him because I still haven’t gotten a response but should be soon. Not sure if you got the email back in November but apparently the manufacturer cut the wrong cad drawing and they had to start over

I didn't order a glove box insert but another product from wits end. It took a long time for it to come but it did come which I am not used to for domestic orders. My order was placed right before his shop move I believe so I took that into account.

Point is....while it took a long time...I did get it and I am happy with the quality of what I ordered.

I ordered my insert back in the summer as well.

It was just delivered about 5 minutes ago, so you should be getting yours very soon as well.

It looks great by the way.

I ordered my insert back in the summer as well.

It was just delivered about 5 minutes ago, so you should be getting yours very soon as well.

It looks great by the way.
Okay that's crazy because just this minute I saw what I think was your post on Facebook with pics of the glove box in the FJ60s & FJ62s group and then I log on to Mud and see this thread at the top :lol:

Okay that's crazy because just this minute I saw what I think was your post on Facebook with pics of the glove box in the FJ60s & FJ62s group and then I log on to Mud and see this thread at the top :lol:
Anyone waiting on the glovebox for WitsEnd they are on the way! Just got email

In the original thread for Joey's R&D on this, there was reference to using the holes on the bottom panel for Ram mounts and the control box for an LS swap, but no real details or pictures. Has anyone actually mounted anything to those holes? Or have you found a specific USB plug that fits the hole in the rear panel on the right side?

I ordered one, literally arrived in like 3-4 days I think. I remember thinking, well, ****, that was light speed shipping. Arrived properly packaged to protect during transit, too.

Mine just delivered today. I’ll most likely use the shelf to secure my ECU, trans controller and Dakota box. As for harnesses most likely cut a small door on back or repin it after feeding through

74A6D137-1213-4320-804D-25728006D417.jpeg

AF65FB7E-D3A1-4920-B8EB-9F6D3968EBED.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom