Wiring Harness Connector Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
As I began my head gasket job on my personal cruiser a week or so ago I believe I snapped almost every connector. Though I handled the first 10 or so delicately knowing that they were brittle it was useless each snapped. I have a new harness that I will be installing once I finish up the other items at hand. For the original harness, the wires are in excellent condition as is the casing overall. So I am going to "restore" the original harness as there will be a time when I will likely need it.

I will attempt to document the process so that it can perhaps help someone else.

First, an excellent thread by @Onur on the part numbers for the engine wiring harness can be found here: 1995-1997 1FZ-FE FZJ80 OBD2 Main Engine Wiring Harness Connector Information

So the first question that came to me was how to correctly disassemble each connector. While I could use the crush the plastic method I figured it's probably better to avoid that. Though I may reconsider the option at a later point.

In searching for how to repair the connectors I read "There is a wiring harness repair manual that details how each terminal type is disassembled, you can get this manual from the Toyota TIS website for $10." but I cannot find this repair manual. Anyone have it, or a link to it?

As I began my head gasket job on my personal cruiser a week or so ago I believe I snapped almost every connector. Though I handled the first 10 or so delicately knowing that they were brittle it was useless each snapped. I have a new harness that I will be installing once I finish up the other items at hand. For the original harness, the wires are in excellent condition as is the casing overall. So I am going to "restore" the original harness as there will be a time when I will likely need it.

I will attempt to document the process so that it can perhaps help someone else.

First, an excellent thread by @Onur on the part numbers for the engine wiring harness can be found here: 1995-1997 1FZ-FE FZJ80 OBD2 Main Engine Wiring Harness Connector Information

So the first question that came to me was how to correctly disassemble each connector. While I could use the crush the plastic method I figured it's probably better to avoid that. Though I may reconsider the option at a later point.

In searching for how to repair the connectors I read "There is a wiring harness repair manual that details how each terminal type is disassembled, you can get this manual from the Toyota TIS website for $10." but I cannot find this repair manual. Anyone have it, or a link to it?
Harness hoarding. Now this is the staunch commitment to the 80 I like to see

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom