Wireless Door Lock ECU Location? (RESOLVED) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Everyone Today I found and SOLVED the Wireless Tuner circuit error / remote key locking not working issue. apparently one of previous owners damaged the wire plug that goes into Wireless key frequency receiver unit and it was kind of loose and during off roading must have disconnected from the receiver. plugged it back and secure the damaged connecter into the receiver and vioal remote locking/unlocking is working again !!! for your information mine is 2003 LC100 and Wireless Receiver door Control aka wireless frequency receiver is RED colored and located in the rear driver side above brack/reverse lights just behind and above where the jack stand is kept. Sorry for my bad English grammar i just thought this post might help someone in the future :)

Update, after @aging fleet reminded me of the wiring routing diagram and some exploratory panel removal, I found the wireless receiver/ECU.

It is located behind the driverside rear upper interior panel. I noticed on the second page of the routing diagram that the harness actually was on the other side of the truck.

View attachment 1941314

Good news is that you can access the ECU without fully removing the panels:
View attachment 1941326

Adding further, you can enter the FCC ID number here: LINK, to determine what frequency your receiver uses.

View attachment 1941333
Thanks, but unfortunately I have LC 100 middle east and looks like the location is different. My LC 100 1998 back doors are the type that open Left and Right. I opened the side panels for both sides and could not find the wireless door lock ECU. Can you please help

I have a strange issue that I thought was a failing Door Control Receiver (part number 89741-60370) in a 2006 LC.

Wireless remote works great from long distances, unless headlights are on. Then the range is terrible. Remote needs a clear line of sight through the window glass and 3-4ft proximity to the Door Control Receiver in the rear upper cargo area to lock if the lights are on. All other locking and unlocking, when the lights are not on, can be done up to 30-50 ft away.

I replaced the Door Control Receiver with a used one I bought on eBay, reprogrammed the key and issue is unchanged.

More annoying than anything else, but now I'm curious and want to fix it. Any ideas?

Seems this indicates week current from battery. May be battery related, battery terminals and or grounds.
Issue ended up being LED lights in the license plate lights. They were on when the headlights were on and and somehow were messing up the current going to the Door Control Receiver.

I believe the interior lights, license plate lights and Door Control Receiver are on the same circuit as I pulled the fuse for the interior lights (56 Dome 10 A: interior lights on the passenger side kick panel fuse block) and the remote locking stopped working as well.

Replaced license plate lights with regular bulbs and remote locking is now working normally. Easy fix.

hey everyone , my remote locking no longer works. the key itself is working tested by a professional, key battery is fine, i can use the key to lock all the doors from driver side manually no problem. after using a scanner i get error code B1242 - Wireless Door Lock Tuner Circuit... I know the location of the wireless door lock circuit thank to this forum but im wondering how to test the wireless receiver is working or wires that go to the front dash is working??? what tools do i need to test it? PS: i live in remote place with almost no one with great knowledge about LC100 as well as tight on budget so professional mechanic is out of question...
EDIT:

Nvm, just saw your 2nd post. Will review that module now.

@Bovka did you ever figure this out? I just bought new keys and had them cut, but I can't get the immobiliser to program with Techstream. I have a B1242 error as well, but my key works perfectly fine.

I do have a remote start system installed, and the rear drivers door does not detect when it's open. This circuit normally fails open, not closed, so I wonder if it's related.

Bump - swapped the wireless door module in the hatch but still getting B1242.

Removed the LED low beams and still getting the same issue.

I’m going to find the troubleshooting steps in the FSM and test for resistance along the harness - the truck had compustar installed (poorly) by the P/O and the rear drivers door sensor was affected by a bad ground. That’s fixed, but I’m guessing the B1242 has been triggered by something near that location, too.

If anyone has tips I’d love to hear them!

Update, after @aging fleet reminded me of the wiring routing diagram and some exploratory panel removal, I found the wireless receiver/ECU.

It is located behind the driverside rear upper interior panel. I noticed on the second page of the routing diagram that the harness actually was on the other side of the truck.

View attachment 1941314

Good news is that you can access the ECU without fully removing the panels:
View attachment 1941326

Adding further, you can enter the FCC ID number here: LINK, to determine what frequency your receiver uses.

View attachment 1941333
Thanks for posting, but not in that location for a '99. :/

Thanks for posting, but not in that location for a '99. :/
Here is the location for a '99

WDL_ECU.JPG

98/99 and possibly up to '02. Remove the driver knee bolster. Small brown roughly 3x3x1 box to the left of the column

EDIT: Question is resolved, answer is in Post # 5

Hi all,

I'm finally trying to add keyless back to the 100 (2005), as I never got the keyfobs from the previous owner. Trouble is, I've had no luck on the aftermarket and I'm not ready to shell out the money for the OEM remote key.

I'm trying to confirm the location of the Wireless door lock ECU, as I want to see if there is an FCC-ID on it for me to reference. The FSM looks to show the ECU in the rear passenger door/quarter panel.

View attachment 1940869

Can any here confirm the location? I wasn't able to find anything solid via search.
I have a 99 Land Cruiser that did not come with the remote control door lock system. I purchased the Door Control Receiver (89741-60060) and I am not sure if I have the plug inside the vehicle for it. If I do what am I looking for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom