Wiper Park Function Not Functioning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just did a full cleaning and rehab of the wiper motor assembly, early one from my 74. I also disassembled the switch and cleaned it. It works great, both speeds and nearly silent as hoped. But when switched off it just stops where ever it was on the rotation. The park switch is adjusted properly, and the plunger is pushing on the contacts like it should. I even see little arcs and the park switch contacts open and close while running.

The only thing I can think of is the main switch isn't sending power to the circuit like it should in the off position. The jumper on the switch looked fine and everything is clean.

Everything seems in order and in line with Coolerman's article. I know, take it back out, check the switch terminals with a multimeter.

Just wondering if there is a common thing I missed.

Edit: I think I just figured it out. I'm testing on the bench and the housing is not grounded. I will check that and report back.

20230719_224343.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, that was it. Thanks guys, for helping me get my brain to work. Now I have a new issue. I did such a great job painting my rig, the windshield frame is not grounded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom