windshield replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone know off the top of their head if the 3M urethane sealant above works for the rear window too? I need to replace my gasket.
I replaced my rear glass a couple months ago and my glass guy said not to use the sealant. We discussed a length how the factory manual recommends it but he said with how tight the glass goes in it was not needed. In the end I agreed to give it a try his way with a commitment from him he would redo it if it leaked. It rained a ton here over the past few months and no leaks. We'll see long term though. Hes been in business over 30 years, and I've been using him for 15, so I have some confidence in what he says.

But to answer your question, the 3m windshield adhesive will work for the rear too. Just be sure to get adhesive and not sealant. Sealants are typically silicone based and won't hold up as well.

I've been needing to replace mine, the issue with a lot of the glass shops here is the rust I have starting to form around the top of the windshield, and the blank stares when I mention the FSM procedure, and their concern that it's RHD. I believe the windshields for the 80 series are all the same regardless of country of origin?
Toyodiy indicates my particular rigs windshield part # is 56111-60110. The EPC lists several variations of that number. Aside from tinting differences, they all should fit?

View attachment 1542004
Any comments on this? Should be no difference between RHD and LHD?

I have a new factory seal here (56121-60110) that I obtained a few yrs back but to date I haven't been game to get a place to pull the existing glass since I can't do the job under cover.

OEM front glass seal for mine is 56121-60040 that amayama says is replaced by 56121-60100. Not sure how I ended up getting a -60110 instead. Maybe it's not the correct one but Toyodiy reports -60110 is used for 80's.
toydiy.jpg

I have a new factory seal here (56121-60110) that I obtained a few yrs back but to date I haven't been game to get a place to pull the existing glass since I can't do the job under cover.

OEM front glass seal for mine is 56121-60040 that amayama says is replaced by 56121-60100. Not sure how I ended up getting a -60110 instead. Maybe it's not the correct one but Toyodiy reports -60110 is used for 80's.View attachment 3230528
I thought this might be the case, and a post from @John Young just confirmed it.

The -60110 part number is designed for the chrome strip embedded into it. If you don't have the strips it will leak.

If you don't have or don't want the strips, then use -60100.

Thanks to him for figuring this out the hard way.

I thought this might be the case, and a post from @John Young just confirmed it.

The -60110 part number is designed for the chrome strip embedded into it. If you don't have the strips it will leak.

If you don't have or don't want the strips, then use -60100.

Thanks to him for figuring this out the hard way.
You are very kind. You might want to wait until Monday when I receive the 60100 part and can absolutely confirm this is the case. I will post it on the other thread.

Threads like this with people struggling is why I decided to post another one. I really could not find anything definitive on Mud or elsewhere.

You are very kind. You might want to wait until Monday when I receive the 60100 part and can absolutely confirm this is the case. I will post it on the other thread.

Threads like this with people struggling is why I decided to post another one. I really could not find anything definitive on Mud or elsewhere.
To my knowledge, none of the USDM trucks came with the chrome strips.

Since more folks are importing other trucks, this will become more of an issue.

Since this is an international forum, it helps everyone to know.

Any comments on this? Should be no difference between RHD and LHD?
Windows are the same as far as I can tell. Some of the part numbers may differ due to different tinting, or lack thereof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom