Window Vents, Wind Deflectors, Vent Visors, what ever you call them.......... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tried the search function and came up with 100s of non-related threads...

Anyone have any good recommendations for the plastic window covers so I can vent my 80 in the summer heat? I have AVS on my truck and they are "ok" and I have read that the WeatherTech ones are not quite a good fit.

I welcome your feedback.

I recommend the Weathertech set. It was a tight fit but once installed, no issues at all. I even broke one accidentally when installing the first time, I contacted Weathertech about the issue and with no questions asked, they sent out a warranty replacement immediately and I had it within a few days, no charge. I have their floormats in all of my vehicles as well, I highly recommend them.

I recommend the Weathertech set. It was a tight fit but once installed, no issues at all. I even broke one accidentally when installing the first time, I contacted Weathertech about the issue and with no questions asked, they sent out a warranty replacement immediately and I had it within a few days, no charge. I have their floormats in all of my vehicles as well, I highly recommend them.
Thanks for the feedback. I have always liked their products, and was surprised by the review that the fit-up was off, but it is the only review on the website for the 80 Series. I'll have another look.

Anyone else have feedback?

My 97 model 80 series had AVS brand vent shades already installed (by the PO) when I picked it up. They work well however do seem to produce a tad more wind noise at highway speed (even when windows are closed) compared to another 80 that doesn't have the shades.

I do like the idea that you can open the windows a crack when parked and not worry about a sudden rainstorm getting the interior wet.

Not sure which style I have, think they are just stick on, standard size.

I had the Weathertech visors and the fitment in the front was pretty terrible in that they seemed to take up all of the space. In a vehicle where the window motors appear to be struggling, it was stressful trying to get the window to completely seat in the seal with the visor in there as well.

Ultimately I tried to sell them and no one wanted them. So rather than store them or try to use them, i actually threw them away. It’s wild because I like their mats and a few other of their products.

I like using these on my vehicles so I can crack windows while raining, which we get a lot of here. Don’t have much feedback on them as far as wind deflection, specifically.

Given these are a simple accessory, I tried to find the cheapest set that didn’t look like garbage. Ended up with a random set from eBay, and I actually quite like them. Fit was right on. They’re on the opposite end of the spectrum from the factory ones on some Japanese 80s that were huge… these are quite low profile. Mine don’t get knocked around, so pretty low chance of breaking. That said, holding up just fine a few years in. Not necessarily recommending anything in particular, just sharing what I’ve used and am happy with. I put an AVS set on my girlfriend’s 4Runner, and like those too. These were only $30 shipped to me at the time, so can’t complain.

Window Visors Rain Guard 4pc Deflector For Toyota Land Cruiser 91-93 94 95 96 97 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/143234747877

A07FAE77-F8E7-4C62-A5AA-8C15770723CC.jpeg

Last edited:
For those that have the Weathertech versions installed. Any pics and tips for install? I bought the 82066 model and had to return because the front didn't fit at all.

Have the AVS on my truck, stick on and no issues.
AVS​
Actually my second set, prior owners installed some but due to age and a kayak hitting and shattering one during loading operations they were replaced.

I put some screws in when installing to reinforce my AVS, but some have developed cracks at the screw. I'm guessing from vibration. The adhesive is still holding so I'll just wait and see if they hold up. This pic was from 3 yrs ago and they're pretty much the same today.

IMG_1841a.JPG

They fit, they are just super tight and it feels like you’re going to break them.
Correct and I did break one getting a little overzealous when bending it for the install. Follow the instructions that come with it to the T and you should be good. I've had the AVS kind on other vehicles but I am not a fan of the stick the outside of door frame look.

20221017_135745.jpg

Correct and I did break one getting a little overzealous when bending it for the install. Follow the instructions that come with it to the T and you should be good. I've had the AVS kind on other vehicles but I am not a fan of the stick the outside of door frame look.

View attachment 3143066
Do you have a pic closer to the wing mirror? The set I had felt like it had excess materials overall and seemed impossible to fit haha. I do want to give this another try after seeing it actually fitted on yours!

Quick update, after new belt mouldings, blood, sweat, and almost tears... it was a semi success! Although I did manage to crack a bit of the driver side rear corner excess portion, I will take that any day vs not being able to use them at all. Passenger side did not fight me whatsoever. Thank you @brettk & @flawless45 for the confidence in a 3rd attempt! 3rd time is a charm!

Quick update, after new belt mouldings, blood, sweat, and almost tears... it was a semi success! Although I did manage to crack a bit of the driver side rear corner excess portion, I will take that any day vs not being able to use them at all. Passenger side did not fight me whatsoever. Thank you @brettk & @flawless45 for the confidence in a 3rd attempt! 3rd time is a charm!
Just a quick reminder, reach out to Weathertech about the crack. They offer warranty on their products and I bet they will help you in receiving a replacement like they did for me. I had a similar issue on the passenger side and they sent out a brand new front set at no cost. I do have a spare driver's side I'd be willing to send out to you if you want to cover shipping on it. I'm not sure on cost for shipping it due to the odd size but let me know.

Just a quick reminder, reach out to Weathertech about the crack. They offer warranty on their products and I bet they will help you in receiving a replacement like they did for me. I had a similar issue on the passenger side and they sent out a brand new front set at no cost. I do have a spare driver's side I'd be willing to send out to you if you want to cover shipping on it. I'm not sure on cost for shipping it due to the odd size but let me know.
Thanks for the heads up! I might reach out to Weathertech for warranty so that I don't cause too much of a hassle for you. Thank you for the offer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom