window air leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dhm

Threads
My 1993 US spec Cruiser has air leaking in on the front passenger side window. It is very annoying and I need some help fixing it. I finally had my son drive while I sat in the passenger seat and isolated the source. The air is coming on the rear vertical part of the window, near the top. It is coming in on the tract in which the window goes up and down, not through where the window frame on the door rests against the foam rubber on the body frame. Does that work picture make sense? I wedged a folded business card up in the window tract and that reduced, but did not eliminate, the noise. Is there a forum approved fix for this?

As we used to say when I was in uniform, here's the school solution (see file). I haven't used this, but here it is anyway.

Last year I had all the waist molding and door/window seals replaced on my '95, after having it repainted. Prior to this, my stereo was having trouble keeping up with wind noise above 30mph. Afterwards, it's as quiet as I could want. You can still hear the wind on the body (this isn't a formula car), but the doors and windows are quiet.

Attachments

• T-BO003-97, wind noise repair kit.pdf
    28.2 KB · Views: 121
I had a super irritating whistle in my front PS window for 2+ years. I took the door panel off, stuffed foam in various places, no luck.

Then one day, accidentally, I hit the down switch for a millisecond and the glass came down something like 2-3mm, not even enough for me to be able to see the top of the glass. Problem solved. Now I just tap the down button after putting the window up. No more whistle.

I hope your solution is this, or this simple.

So on my truck, I had the same problem, at the rear of the passenger window. I got frustrated with it one day and really took to looking at it and I realized that at the top corner, there was a gap of about 1/4 inch where the vertical portion of the window run wasnt pushed up tight against the horizontal portion at the top. I was able to pull the vertical portion out, lube it with some soap, and push it back in, and up firm against the top portion of the corner. I assumed it would slip back down again, but that was over 6 months ago, and its quiet as can be over there.

I do agree as @Malleus said above, the waist molding has some say in the noise level too. I'm speaking specifically about the black Plastic covered trims that sit on top of the door, and butt up against the window glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom