Will your FJC be a Daily Driver or Weekend Toy?

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by zeppelin_01, Nov 11, 2005.

1. zeppelin_01

zeppelin_01

Hi -- first post here. I generally hang out on a Corvette board, but I've been following the FJC for many months now and finally stumbled across this forum. I had found another FJC forum, but it pretty much sucks, so I think this will be my source of information from here on out.

Anyway, I'm in my mid-20's and am about to be due for a new car in the next year or so, and the FJC has definitely grabbed my interest.

I'm curious, though, if this vehicle will be one that will be comfortable for everyday driving, etc. or if most people buying these will be 4x4 enthusiasts who mainly use it on the weekend.

I suppose this is a pretty basic question, which I'm sure could also be asked about Jeeps or the earlier FJs, but I had never considered it before.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and get some insight into how you will use your FJC if you plan to buy one.

2. Vitesse_6

Vitesse_6

Welcome and I agree on the other board...
    If/when we get one it will be a dual purpose, DD and weekend use. When we saw it at SEMA I thought it was a comfortable seat, I would love to test drive one.
    Im sure there will be many others willing to give there input.
    Good luck

3. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

I will hopefully be getting a job in the next few months that will require alot of driving. 13-14 in the 80 won't cut it, so I am planning on getting one for DD....and of course some mild fun! :D

4. peebles24

peebles24

I plan on trying to get the wife in one, and it will be for DD use, but with her driving who knows what kind of off-road duty it may see on accident.

5. rgsiii

rgsiii

Likely it will be a daily driver. My son is off at school and since he is a menace to himself, he needed airbags and the Sequoia.

My Toyota dealer had a "Grand Reopening" today and apparently the people from Toyota said the FJ Cruiser will be out in March.

6. TremorX

TremorX

The only correct answer is "yes." :)

7. mk2tmr2

mk2tmr2

Daily driver here.

8. bulldog-yota

bulldog-yota

Go test drive the new 4Rs and it will give you a very good idea what to expect from the FJC.

The FJC will be slightly more noisy (wind and road) than the 4R ( but the new 4R is pretty quiet inside). The suspension is basically the same, so the ride and handling will be very similar (the wheelbase on the FJC is shorter though so I would expect a smaller turning circle). Performance and gas mileage will be very similar to the V6 4R, the FJC might actually do a bit better due to less weight. Also you will be able to get the FJC in stick.

9. Vlad

Vlad The Impaler SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    This whole thread sounds like a marketing research plant! :)

That being said, I plan on driving my as a recreational vehicle.

10. therealdeal

therealdeal

It will be my daily drive. During my busiest seasons, it will need to endure 800-1000 interstate miles plus hundreds of unpaved road and trail miles EVERY WEEK!

11. eelson

eelson

Wife's DD (that's daily driver not double-D)

Even though it's techinically an FJ and is perfect for grocery-gettin/weekend trails, it still looks looks out of place on a major outing like the Rubicon.

12. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    All three of them will be daily drivers...

13. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

it will be ghey, and wheel like puss, so it'll be daily driver duties for most. same as jeeps :D. the old landcruisers however are daily drivers for those that have the zen like patience, and balls to drive them.

that is all

except to say lighten up :D i'm pulling your chain. it'll be more daily driver oriented than offroad enthusiast orientated.

haha imagine that. an offroad vehicle orientated towards the offroad market.. what a novel concept that'll never happen (again)

and eelson, it's not "technically an Fj"... does it run one of the F series inline 6 motors? will it be built in japan, if not, it is neither an F (for block type) or j (for japanese construction).

14. firetruck41

firetruck41

Except for the fact that its model name is FJ Cruiser :rolleyes: You can call it the GJ for the G engine and Japanese build.

15. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

except it's not built on a LANDCRUISER chassis....

the "model name" doesn't make it an Fj... same as the Fj40's model name WASN'T FJ...

16. firetruck41

firetruck41

Yes it is, the LAND CRUISER Prado chassis.:idea:

17. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

i still fail to recognise how the gj135 or whatever it will be serialised as is related to an fj... about as much in common as a camry, or supra.

18. eelson

eelson

So THAT'S what FJ means...I thought it stood for Foreign Jeep. (kidding)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.