Why Am I Blocked From Posting A thread on the Vendor's Page? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been around here for quite a while. Have not posted much lately - I'm 72 YOA and do not take the 1985 FJ60 out on the dirt much anymore.

Main reason is my power brake booster is shot. So I came here tonight to try to get contact info for that guy with the Japanese sounding name who has a lot of obsolete parts.

I went to the vendor page and it tells me I do not have permission to post there. What the hell does that mean?

Bottom line is I need a brake booster for an 85 FJ60 and I do not want some POS from Autozone or NAPA.

Need some help folks - that suppliers contack info and/or a source for a good power brake booster.

Here is the blue unit on the side of Black Mountain with Pikes Peak off in the distance.

Thanks in advance.

Ihb5Ble.jpg

Try tagging said person in this thread.
Like this: @NMC_EXP

Okie dokey.

cityracer llc.com looks interesting. Seems to be new production by who the heck knows?"

Anyone with a lot of miles on their booster/master cylinder from this outfit care to chime in?

Thanks

Jim

cityracer llc.com looks interesting. Seems to be new production by who the heck knows?"

Anyone with a lot of miles on their booster/master cylinder from this outfit care to chime in?

Thanks

Jim

The ones I've bought from CR are aftermarket Aisin/ASCO made in Japan. But I don't know if that's the case for the one that's listed for FJ60. You could email him and ask

Be aware, there are two different boosters for FJ60s: up to 4/85 and 5/85 to end, since yours is a change-over year.

I don't know the difference, if any. Most places seem to list the booster as 81-87

I don't know if the City Racer unit for the FJ60 application is plug 'n play or requires some mods. I've only bought for FJ40s.

You can have yours rebuilt, too, if you want to be able to bolt the unit back up without issue. Cardone does it. Also, FJparts.com lists a rebuild service.

I know BZ-rebuilders in Canoga Park, CA does it for Specter Off Road, if you want to ship. They're very good.

Last edited:
Jim

Do you have personal experience with the city racer brake booster? Send a PM if preferred.

Thanks

Jim

I'm using an 80 series brake booster from City Racer on my FJ60. No complaints. A brake booster either works or doesn't. I'm using the 80 series booster because of the brake upgrades I've made and it bolts up without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom