Who's rocking rear coil spacers on there 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking about installing a set of Cruiser Teq 15mm rear coil spacers on my 2015 LX570. I recently removed the AHC suspension, and installed stock 200 series L.C. suspension for the time being.
I also installed a set of OEM 10mm front spacers to level out the front and back. Well now, my LX looks too level, to the point that any unevenness on the ground makes the rear look like it's sagging, and this is with the 3rd seats removed as well.
Will a 15mm spacer be enough to give me a slight rake in the rear to help with this issue? Any good or bad you guy's can share with using the spacers vs. going the route of a longer spring?

I'm thinking about installing a set of Cruiser Teq 15mm rear coil spacers on my 2015 LX570. I recently removed the AHC suspension, and installed stock 200 series L.C. suspension for the time being.
I also installed a set of OEM 10mm front spacers to level out the front and back. Well now, my LX looks too level, to the point that any unevenness on the ground makes the rear look like it's sagging, and this is with the 3rd seats removed as well.
Will a 15mm spacer be enough to give me a slight rake in the rear to help with this issue? Any good or bad you guy's can share with using the spacers vs. going the route of a longer spring?
Nothing wrong with running coil spacers, especially if you like your current spring and only want more height.
As far as if 15 is enough or not that’s just personal preference. 15mm isn’t much. I run that on one side just to correct for lean. But it maybe be perfect for you.

Right on, I appreciate the feedback!
I've only ever run spacers on the front, so I didn't know what to expect with installing spacers on the rear.
I ended up purchasing the spacers in the pic this morning. I'm not looking for alot of rear rake, just enough to make the rear look higher than the front, and not like it's sagging. Hopefully these will do the trick.

Screenshot_20240304_132741_Chrome.jpg

Right on, I appreciate the feedback!
I've only ever run spacers on the front, so I didn't know what to expect with installing spacers on the rear.
I ended up purchasing the spacers in the pic this morning. I'm not looking for alot of rear rake, just enough to make the rear look higher than the front, and not like it's sagging. Hopefully these will do the trick.

View attachment 3573815
Well spacers in the rear are an easy install but they are 1:1 so 15mm spacer is gonna give you 15mm of lift 👍

The rears are easy, pull the coil, remove the internal jounce stop, and put the spacer on the jounce stop then reinstall it.

I have a 10mm spacer just on my passengers side I used to level the truck left-to-right. it works, no big deal. I don’t recall what the max recommended number is but you can run two stacked at least

That's good to know about being able to safely stack two if need be. It's funny that you responded to this page when you did. I was actually pulling the spacers out of the box, right when I got the notification🤣

20240306_152353.jpg

Just finished up the job, it went super smooth.
- 30 mins to remove both rear tires, the spare, disconnect the sway bar, remove lower shock bolts, and remove spring.
-4.5hrs on waiting for the mailman to deliver. It's funny how for the past two weeks the mail has been delivered before 11am everyday, except for today🤷‍♂️
- 1hour to install, and put everything back together.

-Before and after measurements:
Before:
Driver side front :20-1/2"
Driver side rear : 20-1/4"
Pass side front : 21"
Pass side rear : 20-3/4"

After with spare tire installed :
Driver side front : 20-1/2"
Driver side rear : 21-5/16"
Pass side front : 21"
Pass side rear : 21-7/8"

-Final thoughts:
I'm alot happier with the spacers installed. The rear doesn't look like it's sagging now. However, as you can see, the driver side rear still has a slight lean to it. So I'm going to probably purchase either a 5mm, or 20mm spacer and installed it, and see if that helps correct the lean.

20240306_092939.jpg

20240306_162317.jpg

20240306_164252.jpg

20240306_164322.jpg

20240306_164333.jpg

Technically anything within 15mm is within spec, but yes mine was off by like 3/8” and I still felt the need to correct it.

I sourced the OME 80 series spacers from Cruiser Outfitters years back, looking for the same effect.

IMG_20180817_1519354444444.jpg

Eventually added airbags as I tow and a loaded bike carrier is heavy. The added benefit is to be able to tweak the air pressure to reduce the KDSS lean.

Technically anything within 15mm is within spec, but yes mine was off by like 3/8” and I still felt the need to correct it.
So did you end up correcting the 3/8" lean? If so, what did you use?
I sourced the OME 80 series spacers from Cruiser Outfitters years back, looking for the same effect.

View attachment 3575605

Eventually added airbags as I tow and a loaded bike carrier is heavy. The added benefit is to be able to tweak the air pressure to reduce the KDSS lean.
You used an OME 80 series spacer on your 200 series rear springs, am I understanding that correctly? If so l, did you have to mod the OME spacer, or did it fit right in?

Airbag wise how are those ride wise, and do you have a link to where you purchased them from? I think that would be a good investment more me to look into having. My parents live 3hrs north of me. The last 3 times I make a trip home, my Dad loaded up the back of the LX with firewood for us. At that time, the AHC suspension was still working. I'm thinking installing those air bags would help compensate ride & weight wise for what I lost from removing the AHC suspension.

I used the 10mm trim packer and got within like 1/8" at the time. I can't recall the exact amounts... I might have been 1/4" low on the passenger's side at first and ended up 1/8" high on that side, but I wanted to get it as close as possible.

You used an OME 80 series spacer on your 200 series rear springs, am I understanding that correctly? If so l, did you have to mod the OME spacer, or did it fit right in?

Airbag wise how are those ride wise, and do you have a link to where you purchased them from? I think that would be a good investment more me to look into having. My parents live 3hrs north of me. The last 3 times I make a trip home, my Dad loaded up the back of the LX with firewood for us. At that time, the AHC suspension was still working. I'm thinking installing those air bags would help compensate ride & weight wise for what I lost from removing the AHC suspension.
Im also curious about the 80 series because all the spacers I have found specific to the 200 are 40 or 50mm and I am looking for more in the 20-30mm range.

I haven't tried them all or anything, but from reading, I'm pretty sure everything for an 80/100/200 are all the same, spacer wise for the rear.

I used the 10mm trim packer and got within like 1/8" at the time. I can't recall the exact amounts... I might have been 1/4" low on the passenger's side at first and ended up 1/8" high on that side, but I wanted to get it as close as possible.
Cool, that is good to know. I just ordered a set of 10mm spacers from cruiser outfitters. So I'm going to try stacking the 2-10's on the driver side, and leave a the 15mm spacer on the passenger side. If I still have the lean, then I'm going to try a 10 & a 15 stacked on the driver side. Hopefully either way I can get the lean taken care of.

I will say, that I am glad I installed the spacers. I don't what it is, but installing the spacers really added another level of comfort to the suspension. I'm wondering if the material the spacers are made from add like a dampening effect.

I haven't tried them all or anything, but from reading, I'm pretty sure everything for an 80/100/200 are all the same, spacer wise for the rear.
In my own personal experience the trim packers from arb work across all 3 platforms but not necessarily spacers from other companies.
I bought Dobinsons 80 series rear 30mm poly spacers for my 200 and they would not fit over the oem jounce stop. I had to bore them out a fairly good bit. And without the proper tooling it’s not easy. That poly is tough.

Last edited:
Cool, that is good to know. I just ordered a set of 10mm spacers from cruiser outfitters. So I'm going to try stacking the 2-10's on the driver side, and leave a the 15mm spacer on the passenger side. If I still have the lean, then I'm going to try a 10 & a 15 stacked on the driver side. Hopefully either way I can get the lean taken care of.

I will say, that I am glad I installed the spacers. I don't what it is, but installing the spacers really added another level of comfort to the suspension. I'm wondering if the material the spacers are made from add like a dampening effect.
You're essentially running a taller spring. That means you have more compressibility when going over bumps (especially speed bumps). Downside is you have less downtravel, but personally I've found that matters more up front than in the rear. (If you wanted more downtravel you need longer rear shocks or would need to move the lower shock mount bolt).

The spacers are polyurethane so perhaps there's a small dampening effect but they're pretty solid. They sit between the internal jounce stop (which is rubber) and the spring, so there's already some material in there anyway. Maybe they have a small impact but I wouldn't think it would be much.

Personally I have found the first few hundred miles springs need to break in a bit, so depending on when you added spacer(s) it might also just be that you were suddenly attune to the break-in?

Also semi-related... if you hit the rear bumpstops sometimes (i.e. when towing or offroading) I do recommend progressive bump stops. They really do make the hits less jarring.

You're essentially running a taller spring. That means you have more compressibility when going over bumps (especially speed bumps). Downside is you have less downtravel, but personally I've found that matters more up front than in the rear. (If you wanted more downtravel you need longer rear shocks or would need to move the lower shock mount bolt).

The spacers are polyurethane so perhaps there's a small dampening effect but they're pretty solid. They sit between the internal jounce stop (which is rubber) and the spring, so there's already some material in there anyway. Maybe they have a small impact but I wouldn't think it would be much.

Personally I have found the first few hundred miles springs need to break in a bit, so depending on when you added spacer(s) it might also just be that you were suddenly attune to the break-in?

Also semi-related... if you hit the rear bumpstops sometimes (i.e. when towing or offroading) I do recommend progressive bump stops. They really do make the hits less jarring.

Especially with Toyota's bump stops that are made of iron.

Thanks for sharing that knowledge with me.
Do you have a link to these progressive bump stops? Like I mentioned earlier, I'm thinking about adding rear air bags for when I'm hauling stuff, so those bump stops would probably accommodate the air bags as well.

In my own personal experience the trim packers from arb work across all 3 platforms but not necessarily spacers from other companies.
I bought Dobinsons 80 series rear 30mm poly spacers for my 200 and they would not fit over the oem jounce stop. I had to bore them out a fairly good bit. And without the proper tooling it’s not easy. That poly is tough.
Thanks for the heads up

Thanks for sharing that knowledge with me.
Do you have a link to these progressive bump stops? Like I mentioned earlier, I'm thinking about adding rear air bags for when I'm hauling stuff, so those bump stops would probably accommodate the air bags as well.
I have these but Timbren also makes one that would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom