Who's rocking rear coil spacers on there 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PerryParts bumps are another option. I ran them on the front of my GX460 and they were like pillows.

I ran Durobumps on the rear only because PerryParts didnt have them yet(I was one of the first buyers) and they were much better than stock.

One thing I didnt love when Durobumps reps were arguing on GXOR about being "better" than their competitors was that they claimed their bumps were designed to provide the same stiffness at the same suspension position as the stock bumps. The problem is that the OEM bumps(at least on the GX460) literally needed like a 30 ton press to even move slightly and they caused the GX460 to lose almost 1" or maybe 1.5" of wheel travel. Assuming the durobumps were as stiff at the same suspension compression, they are sacrificing uptravel. I even asked Durobumps why matching the stock bump stops was the best option and they didnt have a good answer.

If you buy into PerryParts marketing, their bumpstops are variable rate, and so they will act stiffer on hard hits. When you are slow crawling the stops will have more give and in theory allow more travel.

This video shows what I mean about the factory bumps:

Even with the bumpstops removed, the shocks still dont bottom out before the CV starts to bind.

WP_20170323_12_28_53_Pro.jpg

Looks like the question has already been answered, but yes 80 series OME spacers work on the 200 as is.

@jbyrd78 regarding the airbags, they are the Firestone brand if I recall, around $100?

HTH.

View attachment 3579605

Looks like the question has already been answered, but yes 80 series OME spacers work on the 200 as is.

@jbyrd78 regarding the airbags, they are the Firestone brand if I recall, around $100?

HTH.
Good deal. So with those air bags, do you always have them filled with air, just a certain psi depending on what you are doing? Or do you just blow them up when you are hauling heavy?

Good deal. So with those air bags, do you always have them filled with air, just a certain psi depending on what you are doing? Or do you just blow them up when you are hauling heavy?
I'm not the 1st here to run them, and I don't have the instructions handy at the moment. That said, 5 to 7 psi empty, and slightly more loaded. Just a WAG for now, but it is close in practice.

Firestone says always keep at least 5psi in them. Inflate more as you need additional support. I ran 5psi for years. After a couple years when off-roading I’d deflate them to nearly zero to get the last inch or two of flex and they were fine, though in theory you could pinch or tear a bag without some pressure in them.

PerryParts bumps are another option. I ran them on the front of my GX460 and they were like pillows.

I ran Durobumps on the rear only because PerryParts didnt have them yet(I was one of the first buyers) and they were much better than stock.

One thing I didnt love when Durobumps reps were arguing on GXOR about being "better" than their competitors was that they claimed their bumps were designed to provide the same stiffness at the same suspension position as the stock bumps. The problem is that the OEM bumps(at least on the GX460) literally needed like a 30 ton press to even move slightly and they caused the GX460 to lose almost 1" or maybe 1.5" of wheel travel. Assuming the durobumps were as stiff at the same suspension compression, they are sacrificing uptravel. I even asked Durobumps why matching the stock bump stops was the best option and they didnt have a good answer.

If you buy into PerryParts marketing, their bumpstops are variable rate, and so they will act stiffer on hard hits. When you are slow crawling the stops will have more give and in theory allow more travel.

This video shows what I mean about the factory bumps:

Even with the bumpstops removed, the shocks still dont bottom out before the CV starts to bind.

I agree with giving @PerryParts a look. I’m running PP bumps now and really like the feel. Especially on the front of the truck.
I ran Wheelers Superbumps for years but would always get excessive rebound from them. I’ve found this to be an issue with duro and timbren as well.
I changed to PP and that solved the issue.
Patrick at PP will be happy to talk to you all about his bumpstops and bumpstops in general. He loves to wheel hard and supports our community (he sponsored breakfast every morning at COTR last year!). Give him a call if you are interested in bumps.

I agree with giving @PerryParts a look. I’m running PP bumps now and really like the feel. Especially on the front of the truck.
I ran Wheelers Superbumps for years but would always get excessive rebound from them. I’ve found this to be an issue with duro and timbren as well.
I changed to PP and that solved the issue.
Patrick at PP will be happy to talk to you all about his bumpstops and bumpstops in general. He loves to wheel hard and supports our community (he sponsored breakfast every morning at COTR last year!). Give him a call if you are interested in bumps.
Hey Gang -

Stoked to see folks recommending my product - please let me know if any of you have questions! Also wanted to share something I'm cooking up over here.

On dirt bikes, when you ride with extra gear/camping stuff, you end up adding weight to your entire setup. Being able to quickly add/remove spring rate is a huge plus. This small coil spacer adds about 14% spring rate based on my dyno data.

I put this up on IG, and had a TON of folks interested in the same thing for our trucks. I've got a design I'm churning on, but it's not quite ready yet. I'll keep you posted.

25E317B4-A7D6-40AC-A9B9-4FA37D01607A.png

IMG_3138.jpeg

The 10mm spacers showed up yesterday morning, shout out to cruiser outfitters for the fast turnaround time.
I ended up stacking a 10 & 15mm spacer on the rear driver side, and keeping a 15mm on the passenger side. After everything was put back together, the driver side measured in at 21-3/4", and the passenger measured in at 21-7/8"...so close, but no cigar🤣.
I ended up finding a place that has a few ARB 5mm trim packers instock, so I went ahead and ordered one. My final trial will be the two 15mm spacers on the rear driver side, and a 10mm & 5mm on the passenger side. Maybe I will get lucky this time🤞

The 10mm spacers showed up yesterday morning, shout out to cruiser outfitters for the fast turnaround time.
I ended up stacking a 10 & 15mm spacer on the rear driver side, and keeping a 15mm on the passenger side. After everything was put back together, the driver side measured in at 21-3/4", and the passenger measured in at 21-7/8"...so close, but no cigar🤣.
I ended up finding a place that has a few ARB 5mm trim packers instock, so I went ahead and ordered one. My final trial will be the two 15mm spacers on the rear driver side, and a 10mm & 5mm on the passenger side. Maybe I will get lucky this time🤞
So double stacking them seems ok?

So double stacking them seems ok?
Others have done it. I’m sure there’s a limit, maybe 25 or 30mm or more, but since the bounce stop drops into the spring so long as they’re tight I can’t see how it would be an issue.

If you’re within 1/8”, you’re well within the +/-15mm spec Toyota uses in the FSM. A full or empty tank of gas might be enough to change that. Particularly if your gas tank isn’t full, I’d be happy with that, but your call of course. Also I hate getting the PS spring out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom