Dobinsons Rear Coil Swap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the C59-535 coils installed but gave me more lift than I was planning on. Would like to swap for the c59-559V if anyone is interested. Or purchase if anyone’s pulled any off. Located in Austin, TX.

I had to look up the info on these. I assume these are similar to OME 2723 coils and you want progressive springs. If you can find info on the spring rate, number of wraps, etc it might be possible to pick another spring from a different vendor as well, which would give you more swapping options. FWIW I have a set of tough dog rears sitting in my garage I’d be happy to send you… they’re 240#/in and were no more than a 2” lift.

IMG_4175.jpeg

Thanks. I’m not particularly fixated on progressive coils. Just need less rear lift to improve rake. This was the same spec sheet I used when ordering but the C59-535 ended up being a lot more than 30mm. The dobinsonusa website now has them at 75mm with stock load and 50mm with 100kg constant load.

I’ll research the tough dogs.

Thanks. I’m not particularly fixated on progressive coils. Just need less rear lift to improve rake. This was the same spec sheet I used when ordering but the C59-535 ended up being a lot more than 30mm. The dobinsonusa website now has them at 75mm with stock load and 50mm with 100kg constant load.

I’ll research the tough dogs.
Mine have 70k on them. I ran them with no extra rear load and with a loaded drawer. No problems, but when I added a rear bumper I needed more lift.

They’re yours for the cost of shipping if you want them

Reactions: BVE
Mine have 70k on them. I ran them with no extra rear load and with a loaded drawer. No problems, but when I added a rear bumper I needed more lift.

They’re yours for the cost of shipping if you want them
Quick related question. What front spring did you use when had c59-559V springs installed?
Did you have any additional weight in the front?

I am in the process of spacing a Dobinsons lift with these springs in the rear (no load, third row removed) and am looking to confirm a good matching front spring for a 2011 with only a Rival front bumper/ no winch. Definitely want a nice level ride and to eliminate any stink bug!

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:
If you are looking for Dobinson info, I would check with Mike at Exit Off Road. OP, how much rake did you end up with? Assume you used a commensurate set of front struts in the process. There should be a small amount of rake to the vehicle - stink bug or not - as you do not want to be negative on your rake (removing weight from the front wheels) with a loaded back if you have to brake suddenly or maneuver in an emergency. You will want an equal (or greater) amount of weight on the front tires - this is the principle behind weight distribution hitches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom