'Whoosh" when I remove gas cap/Supercharger/EGR Code (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ah, too many things to learn and I'm too stinkin' old!

For months (OK, a couple or three years), when my tank gets low and I pull in to fill up, when I unscrew the gas cap, I get a mighty "whoosh-ing" of air (vapor?) from the tank.

Question #1: What's up with that?

Next... My TRD supercharger installation was completed last Friday... it's a fourteen-year-old-new-truck! Today, while on my way home from a gormet meal at my local Subway, I got a CEL. Drove over to the installer to put the code-reader on it and found it was "Insufficient EGR flow" (or some such verbaige).

He cleared the code and I drove home (all four miles of it) completely code-less. We agreed that the code was not life-threatening, and agreed to see what happens next (!)

Question #2: Could the "whoosh" and the CEL be related?

Thanks Gurus!

Rob

i get the whoosh as well, i think its just a pressure equalization since you had gas in there and now its gone and makes a vacuum to some degree

i get the whoosh as well, i think its just a pressure equalization since you had gas in there and now its gone and makes a vacuum to some degree

Hmmmmmmmmm, you just may be right. I've been thinking that it was "whoosh-ing out" (pressure) and not "whoosh-ing in" (vacuum).

Rob

I think the whoosh might be due to the charcoal canister being full of fuel secondary to overfilling the tank.

I think the whoosh might be due to the charcoal canister being full of fuel secondary to overfilling the tank.

x2 most of this sounds typically of a 80, check the charcoal canister.

EDIT: normal but the EGR. Have you tested any of the EGR system or did the shop that installed it? Could be a couple different items there.

I had the same EGR code 0401 pretty regularly. It used to come back on every four trips. After installing my SC, I replaced the gasket between the EGR and upper intake plenum and no CEL in about a dozen short trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom