whoah! hand throttle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
just read the posts about the CB and somebody mentioned a hand throttle...
these were available as option on the US 80s?
E

E,

Not an option on US trucks; but can be easily added on with no modifications neeeded. It's available at Slee's site.

Frank.

I use it when jumping others cars and when winching. It is a handy addition and ~10 minute install.

91-2 will need a diiferent pedal, just get one out of a 93+, it's then all bolt on. 93+ has the correct pedal already.

last US spec Cruiser that had the hand trottle was the fj62, for some reason the 62 had it but the 60 didn't, early fj40's did, inthe early 1970's the hand trottle was left off :(

on a 80 i mounts in the hole to the right and down of the steering wheel, then goes to the pedal.

John

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=2;threadid=6420;start=msg51947#msg51947 date=1066400833]
91-2 will need a diiferent pedal, just get one out of a 93+, it's then all bolt on. 93+ has the correct pedal already.

John
[/quote]

Not all 93's have the correct pedal. It has to look like this on the top.

hey.....I was close :flipoff2:

John

[quote author=sleeoffroad link=board=2;threadid=6420;start=msg51997#msg51997 date=1066407236]
Not all 93's have the correct pedal. It has to look like this on the top.

[/quote]

Is it the Hand Throttle that you pull out a bit and gives a fast idle and when you turn it clockwise the Revs increase?

Dad's FZJ80 is like this, But the Revs don't increase when the Hand throttle is turned clockwise. ???

Jonathan,
Yes, that's the hand throttle. Usually you pull it out to get to the desired rev speed, then turn (quarter turn) it to lock or set it at that position.
Bill

Jonathan,
To use the hand throttle, you first use the accelerator pedal to bring the engine to the desired RPM, pull out the hand throttle to match the RPM, then turn the hand throttle to lock.
-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom