Who watched that BaT auction this afternoon? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We prob should keep the Rogan truck talk tame.

Brian had to ‘cleanup’ the last time opinions got out of hand ;)

168CAD6B-01A1-466E-AEC4-96FE2A99369E.jpeg

We prob should keep the Rogan truck talk tame.

Brian had to ‘cleanup’ the last time opinions got out of hand ;)
I remember that back and forth BS. Joe Rogan is a great man and his 80 is badass. Fight me.

Agreed. This thread has already been derailed more than once.

And I kept it tech by asking about tire size :flipoff2:

Last edited:
I would have been in the Cruiser game much sooner if not for Mr Ward, in the late 90s & early 2000s he was systematically buying up all in the cruisers in Ca. before working folks could get them. :bang: and not in a fare way.

I remember that back and forth BS. Joe Rogan is a great man and his 80 is badass. Fight me.
Here where things go sideways and why this should go to chat…

Joe Rogan is not a great man. Like not at all.

The pin has been pulled and nobody had a finger on the grenade arm…….off to OT in :

5……..4…….3……..

Where it belongs :p

It's supremely ironic when newbs want to chatter on about the current state of the Land Cruiser market. Look in the mirror. Prices aren't up because us old-timers are out there bidding shyte up.

I've moved past beating up my stuff and simply enjoy owning a small collection of excellent examples. Mudders who see my rigs generally don't have a problem with it. Or at least they don't ask me passive-aggressive questions, then walk away. ;)

Rising prices are a bad thing, even to those of us who have been around for while... Higher insurance. Higher taxes, Higher parts costs. More theft. Etc. Etc. There's no upside, unless you're selling. And right now, there's very few I'd be willing to part. Check my avatar.... that ain't a SCUBA reference.

Carry on, Boys.

EDIT: And just to clarify my comment on newbs... that's not meant to be a bash.
Prices are up for many factors... and one of them is a dramatic spike in demand.

Every hobby needs fresh blood, else it dies, so please accept my warmest welcome. Use your stuff how you see fit. And if you haven't found one yet, good luck with your quest, but please don't do any financial self-harm.

Reminds me of what im seeing off of mud site also.

Im getting texts from old long time friends, family members and even a past co worker asking toyota questions.
They knew for the last 2 decades Ive had a toyota obsession and now are asking about different year 60s, 40s, tacomas, 4runners, 200's and lexus models. I think people are just realizing they are good vehicles and worth some of the hype and dont want to miss out.

WOW Opinions on opinions! Here is my OPINION

<SNIP> But very few if any original buyers purchased them to take them out on the trails and thrash them, partially because they were hideously expensive.

Hey now. :moon:

But very few if any original buyers purchased them to take them out on the trails and thrash them, partially because they were hideously expensive.

I'm an original owner. Took ownership on a Friday about noon, was trail riding by 4PM and continued to do so on Saturday and Sunday, desert pin stripes and all. :flipoff2:

I would have been in the Cruiser game much sooner if not for Mr Ward, in the late 90s & early 2000s he was systematically buying up all in the cruisers in Ca. before working folks could get them. :bang: and not in a fare way.
Yes but unless you wanted doors and a hardtop,. he was selling the quarters, fenders and bent body panels cheep.

All he wanted was the titles and the tops. The rest he was buying new.. Now he did drive the price on really nice cruisers,. His resto's were out of the box. Beautiful..

But he did the same with broncos before they became popular again.. he had 30 or 40 at one time..

His guys sold alot of stock non perfect/ cruiser stuff cheep, if they were not going to use it.. and for a time he was the cheapest place to get OME and alot of other new Toyota parts.

He just adapted to what his customers would pay for.. Every time I went down there when they were in the old shop there was always some amazing work being done.. In 97 they built and 80 with a 5.7 ls and it had the most beautiful custom gray leather interior with MB carpet. The attention to detail was unbelievable.

I use my cruisers so they will never be that nice, but I can appreciate the work they do.

I'll be having your trophy made up Monday :) Few if any, seems you are few.
Make mine gray.. lol..

still daily driving my 93,. Desert pinstripes faded paint, 20 year old ome lift and all.. untill someone builds a better dual purpose rig I will be maintaining/ rebuilding this one as it needs it.. best $ I ever spent on a vehicle..

Last edited:
The G2 (some) have a TC that exactly mimics the late FZJ80
They do? My father has a g2 Seqouia with 2wd/4wd/4wd with diff lock. AFAIK no viscous coupler. I can definitely see the advantage of having one on a boat ramp.

But how much money was to be made at the 185k?? Obviously not enough and why is this such a bother to any of us. I shouldn't have shot all my star wars toys when I was a kid when I got a bb gun for Christmas also not on some type of forum whining about it either. It happens to alot of vehicles take square body Chevrolet trucks for example ford box Broncos s***e even old school car audio and bmx bikes from back in the day. Is what it is. And qhy is this still in the tech section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom