Who stocks air lifts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm currently on the road, and overloaded for my rear springs. Looking for somewhere to buy or also install an air lift. I'll be in Yellowstone tomorrow, then headed for Denver. Headed towards Moab after that. Any ideas on what stores stock or could acquire quickly? I could also order off Amazon if someone is willing to let me ship to them.

Thanks, Mike.

It looks like NAPA can get AirLift 1000s. There is a NAPA Auto in Jackson, Wyo. They were pretty friendly last time I went in there. They might be able to assist with the install.

NAPA Auto Parts
Aspen Automotive & Industrial Supply

990 S Hwy 89
Jackson, WY 83001
(307) 733-2716

Hitch corner here in SW Denver (Littleton). Just got back from my first trip with my air lifts and they were great!

Well, I found an AutoZone on route to order it next day.

How hards the install? My only jack is the factory one.

Install is easy.
Hardest part is to remove the factory bump stops inside the rear springs. I broke off one bolt, but unscrewed the other.

Lift from the FRAME, not the axle. This stretches the springs.

Can do it with springs still in the truck (except maybe to pry out the old bump stops) This ASSUMES you have NO lift. If you have a lift, you need to cut off part of your bump stop (stock height with 2" lift = remove all but 2" of bump stop) You can fold and shove the bags between the spring coils with the springs stretched out.

Route the hose from the BOTTOM. Find a location to mount your air fitting (Schrader Valve). I put mine in the gas filler neck, but that adds time.

For the on-road addition, route it to the underside of the bumper on the LR of the truck and zip-tie it in place. I have my bags hooked together with ONE common hose. Some folks are anal about splitting each side, but I like it common.

I'm guessing one-two hours based on availability and detail of work, assuming standard hand tools.

DO NOT FILL OVER 25 PSI!!!!!

Otherwise you'll blow the bags. BTDT.

I don't know, I took a different approach.
1. Disconnect lower shock bolts.
2. Disconnect sway bars.
3. Jack up frame with jack stands on both sides. I Needed every inch of my floor jack to get it high enough.
4. Place floor jack under axle, remove wheels and lower axle until bottomed out on control arms. Keep an eye on the brake line.
5. Remove spring and bump stop.
6. Enlarge hole in spring perch to 3/4" per instructions. I used a dremel with a grinding wheel. Not sure if a 1/2" drill with a 3/4" bit will fit in there.
7. Put bag in and connect air line with clamp.
8. Do other side.
9. Route air line (I kept mine separate and used the pintle holes in the rear crossmember to hold the Schraeder valves).
10. Fill up bag before lowering body onto springs (how are you going to do this on the road?).
11. Put tires back on, lower body onto springs, connect shocks and sway bars.

Took me about three hours, I'm sure a Rising Sun member in Denver could provide driveway space/tools to help. I don't see it being faster or less frustrating with only the bottle jack and no jack stands. Be safe, it's a lot of weight.

Or see if a shop like hitch corner or a travel center could do it for you. Or maybe a 4x4 shop.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm almost to salt lake City. Picking up the air lift this morning. Any recommendations for shops to install between salt lake and Moab?

Or if someone has shop or driveway space? I have most of the tools I need, except a floor jack and jack stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom