Who still uses their 45 for work? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Helped do some spring clean up out at a local kids camp
20190503_114414 (Medium).jpg

Wow @PG45er what top is that for the bed?! That looks awesome!
Thanks. I made it based on something I found once here on mud. I saved the pictures that were on that thread thankfully because I was never able to find it again. Basically used boat top hardware for the frame and had a local upholstery shop sew up the fabric part. I don't do much highway driving with it but I've had it on for a couple summers now and so far so good.

Rack turned out nice sandcruiser. Looks strong enough to carry 2 or 3 camels up top and keep in half a dozen kangaroos below :).
An upholstery shop that makes boat tops should be able to make a cover for you. The lady that made mine had never made one before but had done quite a few boat tops.

Rack turned out nice sandcruiser. Looks strong enough to carry 2 or 3 camels up top and keep in half a dozen kangaroos below :).
An upholstery shop that makes boat tops should be able to make a cover for you. The lady that made mine had never made one before but had done quite a few boat tops.

Yep. It’s my ultimate roll bar. Have had some contacts for the top. Still trying to get it done.

Community clean up today.
It's amazing that out of the 15 or so trucks that showed up, one was my 45 and there were 2 old Unimogs.
Awesome neighbourhood.

20190525_091426.jpg
20190525_092654.jpg

@45Kevin .....
.....a picture 4 your Unimog neighbours.
UCOM-Kartoffellegegeraet1-630x470.jpeg
:)
Fotos der Woche: Unimog mit Kartoffel-Legegerät | Unimog-Community.de

Meanwhile The Red 45 Can is totally busy in advertising .... but you know it .

img_41662zzkbj.jpg

Yesterday we drove with our 4x4 slow only in first and second gear some forest tracks. Suddenly on the left four deers.
Running the same direction we drove
about a minute or so on the left and then crossed the track in front of us.
If we had used the 45 Can we would have shot some pictures.

Last edited:
A fun little job with the 45 a couple days ago!!
My neigbour friend has been admiring my 45 for a while and I think I infected him with "the virus". The virus has mutated somewhat though....... he spotted this 1963?? series 2 Land Rover in the bush on the other side of town and bought it. I figured since his Dad ( who came along as well) had brought one just like it from England to New York and drove it to Prince George in the sixties that I could overlook his obvious flaw in choice of vehicles. Apparently it hadn't run in 15 years so I offered to give a hand to go get it. He was concerned about a wet spot in the field we had to cross being soft and getting his 2 wheel drive pick up stuck trying to pull it out so I lent him my trailer to pull behind his truck and offered to take my 45 to pull the Land Rover out for him. Turned out to be a non issue but was still a blast helping him out. We brought it to my place and with a couple hours of crawling over this thing, some wrenching and a few adult beverages we had it running. It needs lots of work but he is super stoked about it.
LR4 (Medium).JPG
LR1 (Medium).JPG
LR2 (Medium).JPG
LR3 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Replacing the porch deck. The 45 hauled two loads like this today. The flatbed is nice for this work.

20190623_172146.jpg

One for a client and one for me
72DC48B6-4D46-4C3D-82DE-9932D0CCE38E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom