who has done a 94 3.0 v6 clutch job? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm hoping someone here has done or can please give me some insight on a clutch job for 94 4wd 3.0 v6 extended cab pickup? I'm hearing two different ways and one has the engine coming out which i'm desperately trying to avoid. Thank you

You don't have to remove the motor to replace a clutch. Just undo your driveshafts at the front diff and the rear diff, remove the bell housing bolts, pull the tranny back and your clutch is right there.

Having a tranny jack will also make the job much easier too.

Having a tranny jack will also make the job much easier too.
Thanks Yota. for the top tranny bolts, do you get them through the shifter plate hole or let the tranny down on the tranny jack a few inches?

Thanks Yota. for the top tranny bolts, do you get them through the shifter plate hole or let the tranny down on the tranny jack a few inches?

Let the tranny down on the jack a little and use a couple of extensions. All you need is enough room between the body and the top of the bellhousing to fit your socket.

Would recommend you start with those first since they're the hardest to get out!

ok, thank you!

I've done that exact job several times. No you don't need to pull the engine.

Impact gun, long extensions, wobble sockets. Drive the front of the truck up on ramps. Get a tranny jack.

Try to have the flywheel surfaced if you have the time, or better yet have a spare one prepped and ready to install. Wish you were closer, I have a spare I'd give you. Always replace the pilot bearing and rear main seal.

KLF X2. Not too hard, just lots of laying on the ground.

If the pilot bearing doesn't want to come out, stuff bread (yes, bread) through the hole and use an appropriate sized drill bit (a 30 bit set usually has something that will work) and a rubber mallet to tap it all in until the bread turns into hydraulic fluid and forces the bearing out. You will need 2-3 pieces of white bread. Wheat may vary. Don't use hippy bread, too many sticks and leaves.....

KLF X2. Not too hard, just lots of laying on the ground.

If the pilot bearing doesn't want to come out, stuff bread (yes, bread) through the hole and use an appropriate sized drill bit (a 30 bit set usually has something that will work) and a rubber mallet to tap it all in until the bread turns into hydraulic fluid and forces the bearing out. You will need 2-3 pieces of white bread. Wheat may vary. Don't use hippy bread, too many sticks and leaves.....

Grease works better! Just sayin.

sometimes you can also use a bottoming tap to walk out the bearing as well.

since your doing the clutch plan on doing the pressure plate, throw up bearing, flywheel and don't forget to order the dowel pins for the flywheel as they do not come with the new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom