White Knuckle Off Road Sliders - 5th Gen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My @white-knuckleoffroad sliders arrived today! Total turnaround time was about 4 weeks for completely custom fabrication. Very impressed with the shipping, powder coat, and overall quality build of these. I can’t speak more highly of the customer service (Chyree was great!) be it via phone or email- I always received a timely response and had my calls answered.
IMG_0389.jpeg

IMG_0396.jpeg

I went with the 11* version with full top plates to help minimize rock chips and provide a minimal step for my wife.

IMG_0397.jpeg

Instructions seem…sparse. Will follow up after install.

Factory Trail Running Boards removed in about 8mins. For sale - local pickup in Denver. Name your price.

71709382345__78C76F9C-7B77-4DC1-8B26-7A727D853501.jpeg

All in all, a fairly straightforward 4-beer install: 3 beers driver side (1.5hr) and 1 beer for passenger side (30mins) with a big learning curve. The U-bolts can be a little tricky to thread in the front but once you figure it out it’s smooth sailing.

Can’t speak more highly of these sliders and my overall experience with @white-knuckleoffroad.

IMG_0398.jpeg

IMG_0400.jpeg

IMG_0401.jpeg

IMG_0402.jpeg

What is consensus on the clamp attachment style? I've created a table comparing a lot of slider options for GX460, and WK is the only one that isn't bolt-on. They're also one of the very few that have custom lengths for the GX and aren't just recycling 5th gen parts, so they're high on my list.

What is consensus on the clamp attachment style? I've created a table comparing a lot of slider options for GX460, and WK is the only one that isn't bolt-on. They're also one of the very few that have custom lengths for the GX and aren't just recycling 5th gen parts, so they're high on my list.

Once fit around the frame, the U-bolts provided a good amount of flexibility for installation and positioning, allowing you to determine how much gap you want between the slider and your rocker (WK recommends ~1”). Without being familiar installing bolt on styles, it’s hard to compare.

There was definitely a trick to getting the front U-bolts threaded on the 4Runner. I’d be happy to take pictures of where to thread them if it’d help anyone out.

Can’t speak highly enough of the overall quality and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them one bit.

I didn't even know that clamp attachments were a thing, I could be wrong but I can't imagine they are as robust as bolt ons.

I didn't even know that clamp attachments were a thing, I could be wrong but I can't imagine they are as robust as bolt ons.
My gut feeling agrees, but I haven't seen a single bad review, picture, or story where the clamp attachment style led to any subpar outcome or performance. When I also consider they're 460 specific application and other features, along with their low price (again in comparison to 460 offerings) they're a very high contender. I'm between WK and RockyRoad currently.

Without being an engineer, it seems as though each leg of the U-bolt would effectively provide the same support as 2 bolts being bolted directly to the frame though I’m not sure if shear strength comes into play.

Front and middle passenger (frame width tapers outwards towards the front hence less exposed threads):
IMG_0417.jpeg

Rear passenger with an angled support arm:
IMG_0419.jpeg

You guys may be right. I'm not an engineer either but I personally would just stick with the simple and proven bulletproof method.

Thanks for the pictures. I learned something new today.

FWIW, White Knuckle always has a 5% MUD discount. Check out their thread in the vendor forums.

+2 on White Knuckle. I have them on my 80, getting a set for my Tacoma and my sons 19 4Runner.. Their shop is about 30 miles from my house so I didn't need to have them shipped. Nice shop, good people.
Mounting wise, I was a bit skeptical at first but I have bashed my Cruiser sliders a bit and used my Hi Lift on them to raise the vehicle. So far no issues on a 6800 pound vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom