Which side up for CCOT weatherstrip replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This might be a stupid question but I can’t get ahold of CCOT and I can’t find anything online. Does the “L”/“R” side face up (not into the metal on the door) or does it face down?

It seems to fit better with the letters up, but it’s also an uglier seem. The picture below is with the letter facing up.

image.jpg

What's the other side look like? I think the crown next to your thumb gets the adhesive and that you have it wrong side up. Also on the passenger door towards the bottom of the window the weather strip should have a wide spot where the door transitions to the door card.

What's the other side look like? I think the crown next to your thumb gets the adhesive and that you have it wrong side up. Also on the passenger door towards the bottom of the window the weather strip should have a wide spot where the door transitions to the door card.
Hmm here’s a shot of it flipped. Makes much less sense this way in terms of fit.

When you say bump on passenger door what do you mean? There is an identical bump on both seals.

Is this really how close to the edge it should be? If I put it up on the hump things fit even worse.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hmm here’s a shot of it flipped. Makes much less sense this way in terms of fit.

When you say bump on passenger door what do you mean? There is an identical bump on both seals.

Is this really how close to the edge it should be? If I put it up on the hump things fit even worse.

Figured it out- my seals seem to be marked for a Aust/UK spec cruiser my “R” side fits the left door and vice versa. Anyone else run into this?

Here is a pic of the driver-side door seal from CCOT. Matches the pattern on my “R” seal.

B44B5DCE-D65D-43A7-A58D-B7E24ED487E4.png

Life with new weatherstripping, it will lay down in time. You may have to adjust your door striker until it breaks in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom