Where's the flasher??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got no turn signals and no hazards. I figure my flasher is dead, or no power is getting to it (more likely). I'm having a heck of a time locating the blasted thing tho.

Can anyone help?

My schematic tells me I have both a Hazard warning signal flasher and a turn signal flasher...? If this is the case, where would I find both?

I'm pretty sure I'm not getting power to either. This is one of those pesky 'finishing touches' (aka: bugs) of my engine swap.

Thanks for any help.

on my 71, it was mounted on the side of the brake/clutch pedal bracket.

Found the flasher, right where you said it was, thanks. Problem turned out to be a bad ground at the fuse block. Who'd a thunk it?

Still got no hazards, tho...

:confused: Ive been having somewhat of the same problem. On hazard, only rears work. When using turn signals, neither side would flash, just light up. Started the cruiser and everything was fine????

I just went thru my turn signal emergency flashers. I had flashers but no turn signals. When I tried to use my turn signals they wouldnt flash. The lamp would just come on and stay that way. Sometimes while I was driving with the rpms up and doing a lane change the turn signals might flash but would stop as soon as I put on the brake or slowed down, or came to a stop. Then the lamp would just stay on. Me being the cheapass I am, decided to fix it myself. I checked all the wiring with my DMM. Was good. I pulled the flasher and opened it up. One of my contacts was arched and pitted. Sanded it down and adjusted the contacts. Similar to doing points. Checked and now I have flahers and turn signal on passengers side. I took off the steering wheel and removed the turn signal switch. Opened it up and found bearing grease inside. Cleaned it out and used a coating of dielectric grease. Ended up stretching the little springs and cleaning the contacts. Putting everything back together and it all works.

You might also check your flashers switch and see if it is plugged in all the way or might need to be repaired or replaced.

Found that I have a bad ground in my ft pass turn signal. At idle, lights work decent but with engine off, pretty much hit and miss. Any ideas where one can find decent turn signals that does not warrant a 2nd mortgage? Has anyone tried to modify the bases on 40 lights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom