Where was the FJ's first debut? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Following some of the hummer link in chitchat, I found a very biased hummer site with a poster who said this:
FJ made it's debut here in Japan last year (The original here in Japan was called the Land Cruiser but this new model is called "Fun Cruiser" .

It's considered a novelty but not respected as an off road vehicle like the 4Runner or Surf (It's priced here with the Rav 4, it's considered equal). It's all look and will fall apart against the first curb it hits.

The reaction was so terrible here, they're not considering even selling them here . But the Japanese are betting a bunch of suckers in the US and Canada will gobble it up.

Even most Japanese I talk to know and revere the H1, H2, and now hot item H3. The sentiment is everything else is benchmarked against the Hummer Brand.

FJ is a threat....NOT

While the H2-3 argument is rather ammusing, I thought the FJ was an American market only vehicle. Where did it make its first debut?

And for those who need a laugh:
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/9526053822/m/3121085541

Just a bunch of BS, the FJ Cruiser Concept debuted in 2003 at a US auto show IIRC. The actual production prototype model debuted in Chicago in Jan 05. It has always been mentioned as a US only vehicle, though I wouldn't be surprised if that changes over time. It is based on the same platform as the "respected... off road vehicle like the 4Runner or Surf". In fact, I believe, that besides the body, it is almost identical to the SWB Prado Land Cruiser.
Don't know why the japanese would benchmark their superior vehicles to a GM POS like the H2 or H3, they will go after the same demographic as the H3 though. Overall, Toyota will probably have to be careful not to put GM out of business, over the next few years.

What a bunch a jerks. I mean I always assumed the H crowd were jerks but don't really know any of them. Half of what they say on that forum in just BS.

That Hummer forum is a riot. They really think the H2 is a good off road vehicle! I don't know why any Toyota enthusiasts would go there and post. You would certainly be a "troll", even if they are confused.

Cosumer reports put The H2 in "The Least Reliable" catagory. We have yet to see what happens with the H3.

If thats what they want to drive thats fine, i drove an original after doing ball joints. less room than a Chevy Sprint. The run flats are cool but the one i took out was in 3 pieces, shook the front end all to hell. Way to much money for what you get.

"I think they are jealous they can’t afford the H2. The H2 is the finest production off road vehicle made. I’d like to see a Toy like the Tacoma, or a jeep follow the H2 off road. The H2 would win hands down. Maybe we can find some Jeeps, and Toys to have H2 vs the posers Toyota Trucks. I bet the H2 would put to shame the SAS Tacoma’s. Why put a Total Chaos, or Camburg kit on a Tacoma when you can buy the H2. Those desert posers would be pissed to see a H2 blow buy them thought the whoops"

That is just so funny.

Trollhole said:
"Those desert posers would be pissed to see a H2 blow buy them thought the whoops"

That is just so funny.

There are so many of them "unique" H2's around here that you can't throw a dead whore without hitting one. But I hit the trails pretty often and have never seen one on the trail, so I don't think we have to worry about them blowing by on the trail, first they would have to figure out what a trail is!:princess: It's funny how they have the approach/break over/departure angles all figured out and obsess about them, but never take them on the trail. Maybe we aren't as confident in our trucks "superiority" so we have to keep testing them on the trail? :D

Ridgerunner if you want the real lowdown from Japan talk to Mot. He's over there and can attest to the falsehoods of the hummer posting.

Still its fun to read those posts. :D

what was posted on that site:

wes1977
Hummer Veteran
Posted 12-19-05 03:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike B:
"GM trucks have a higher quality rating than Toyota trucks, so one of your pros is now a cons and one of the H3 con is now a pro. "

wes1977
Can you refer me to a creditable source?

wes1977
Hummer Veteran
Posted 12-19-05 03:33 PM
I don't know if this has been metioned before but I found a pic of the furter H4 concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom