Where to buy new bolts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
High Country CO 2006-2014 -> SW Washington 2014
I'd like to replace some of the more corroded bolts and screws in my engine compartment. For instance I have a TRD SC and the bolts have completely corroded (see pics). Where can I purchase bolts that are equal or superior to OEM bolts? Thanks for your help.

Just talking about this recently. I've never found an equivalent to factory bolts, especially the flanged locking ones.

That being said, those in the know will collect bolts when they go to junkyards.

I see you're in Washington so if you have a Fasten-all or Tacoma Screw Products near you they can get you just about any type of bolt. They can even get the flange headed ones but will take some work with the counter guy. Next best option is online with Grainger or McMaster Carr.

You can also have your current hardware sent off and have it CAD or Oxide plated.

I have friends that have done this on original restorations. I do not know sources.

What bolts in particular are rusting? The S/C is NOT a Toyota product, it was US 'made' for TRD and the bolts were sourced from somewhere...

cheers,
george.

You’ll probably only find those fasteners in some shade of zinc and thats probably best anyway. Cadmium or Nickel would be the only other options. Don’t buy phosphate or stainless. Phosphate will rust. Stainless likes to gall.

If you can only find them in stainless use a good amount of nickel antisieze on them.

Measure diameter, measure from bottom of flange to end of bolt, measure length of the shank, measure dia of flange and head - then get to searching on mcmaster or take that bolt down to your local fastener store but most of the fastenal guys Ive dealt with don’t like to be THAT helpful, or they just aren’t capable. I’d try your local fastener place before fastenal anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom