Where to buy new bolts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You’ll probably only find those fasteners in some shade of zinc and thats probably best anyway. Cadmium or Nickel would be the only other options. Don’t buy phosphate or stainless. Phosphate will rust. Stainless likes to gall.

If you can only find them in stainless use a good amount of nickel antisieze on them.

Stainless likes to gall? Is it being threaded into a stainless plate?

Because they are a different material or have a different coating/plating.

I am very surprised we have a 2 page thread on replacing some bolts. haha.

What is causing the corrosion in the first place? Most of the fastners on the engine block are not rusted?

What is causing the corrosion in the first place? Most of the fastners on the engine block are not rusted?

Looks like domestic, (the pump was made by Eaton, so...) cheap bolts, possibly black oxide, not very corrosion resistant. Replace them with something that has better plating and get over it! :hillbilly:

Funny I missed this thead. I've been trying to source some obscure bolts that fell apart in dissassembling the front and rear bumpers and radiator support assy. I am guessing that there isn't a source for OEM bolts? Considering this is MUD I am surprised that no one has commented "Your engine is going to fall apart using aftermarket parts". I guess I'm the one to say it :p. Seriously though, is there a source for OEM bolts? Some of us are more OCD than others and I'd like to keep things matching it I can. If no longer available than that's fine.

My local dealer is horrible at obtaining parts :(. Even when I supply them with a part number they get the wrong thing. Ordered a set of wheel studs and nuts and they gave me the wrong ones so I am sure obscure bolts hidden in a bumper are way beyond their ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom