Slinky/Icon Long travel -where to buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone I have been looking at long traveling my 80 but I have a few questions on setup and where the best place to buy in the US is. I have seen kits being sold by Icon and by others (and I have been reading through the main Slinky thread) but I'm wondering if the ICON-sold springs are the same as the Slinkys. Also, Do I need the heavy or intermediate kit? My rig has front and rear bumpers a smittybuilt 12k winch and an unloaded roof rack as well as a tire carrier. I'll link the kits I have been looking at.

Yup, Contact Dave at Delta. He'll answer all your questions.

Icon are among some of the worst shocks I’ve seen on the market, I’ve seen more issues and customer complaints from them than any other shock manufacturer. Moreover Icon also uses a digressive valving in most cases opposed to linear or progressive by their competitors. Most find this type of valving to be harsh and is better suited for pavement than offroad.

Also "long-travel" is a bit of misnomer as your shock stroke (travel) is pretty limited to about 10" without other modifications. Longer shocks provide longer stroke but due to the factory limitations you often have to increase bump (limit travel) in order to make them work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom