New to group (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey it’s Kyle with a 94” 80 Landcruiser

IMG_4815.jpeg

Howdy Kyle. Are you going to tell us about your 94 or do we have to get nasty about it???? :flipoff2:

Howdy Kyle. Are you going to tell us about your 94 or do we have to get nasty about it???? :flipoff2:
Yeah it’s a 1fzfe engine. Riding on a dobinson lift and 35’s. Newer engine with 130k miles on it and 230k on the frame! I just picked it up yesterday! Actually looking at doing some servicing/ replacement on it so I created this account!

Welcome & nice looking rig...would be a perfect debut for you at Home - Carolina Relic Run - https://carolinarelicrun.com/ ;)

'94 is a great year...since you are new to it, check your vin plate and see the production date....03/94 and earlier or 04/94 and later...this was the changeover date for front axles and a few other parts and will be good to know if you need to do service work/parts.

Welcome to the group!

check your vin plate and see the production date....03/94 and earlier or 04/94 and later...this was the changeover date for front axles and a few other parts and will be good to know if you need to do service work/parts.
This is new to me, can you collaborate on what the difference’s are ?
It was my understanding that the 91-92s and some 93 had smaller front brakes and drive flanges and semi float rear axles.

Welcome
94s are a good year.
More pictures please we’re a visual group.

Welcome & nice looking rig...would be a perfect debut for you at Home - Carolina Relic Run - https://carolinarelicrun.com/ ;)

'94 is a great year...since you are new to it, check your vin plate and see the production date....03/94 and earlier or 04/94 and later...this was the changeover date for front axles and a few other parts and will be good to know if you need to do service work/parts.
JT3DJ81WXR0075631 Is my vin

Pooch pic too please

This is new to me, can you collaborate on what the difference’s are ?
It was my understanding that the 91-92s and some 93 had smaller front brakes and drive flanges and semi float rear axles.
If I remember correctly, it's mainly the shorter front axle stubs (joint side out) and thinner drive flanges at this changeover. It's certainly not a big deal as you can change the early to late with new axles if the drive flange strips out (to use the later thicker flanges). Just gave my spares away to a local member that had this exact issue.

By the look of the OP's rig, I doubt that this is a concern with a quality looking build from what we've seen so far. :steer:

I'm planning on making the trip down to Relic this year, maybe we'll catch up if you can make it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom