Where to buy grey carpet??? (speakerbox type) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Hey Guys

I am building a fridge mounting power station thing for the back of my rig and i want to cover it with the grey carpet stuff that you see on speakerboxes and such. I have searched pretty good with no luck finding it.

Any ideas?

P.S. Here are some sneak peaks of what i am working on (there will be an inverter in the lower part of this):

Box Bolted To Floor Via Cargo Tie Down Holes:
box1.jpg

Box With Eyelets for ARB Fridge Tiedowns
box4.jpg

Box With Eyelets for ARB Fridge Tiedowns
box3.jpg

Box with 110V Outlet and 3 Marine Grade Cigaretter Lighter Plugs
box5.jpg

Any stereo shop that builds custom boxes should have it in many colors or could get it for you.

I got some from our dash mat vendor.

Thanks Guys

I will keep checking. I went to the local Circuit City install shop and 2 local stereo installers and none wanted to sell any. Said it was only for custom installs and they couldnt sell just the carpet! :(

Thanks

I like the idea....Clever.

Will there be enough air movement to cool the inverter? You could also put a fridge slide on the top.

most auto reupholstry shops carry this carpet.

or marine shops.

although the speaker box stuff is lighter to make sharp bends an all.

try some custom car audio places, they may have in stock as well.

Home Depot sells exactly what you want. They have it in rolls and sell it by the yard.

Boston Mangler said:
Thanks Guys

I will keep checking. I went to the local Circuit City install shop and 2 local stereo installers and none wanted to sell any. Said it was only for custom installs and they couldnt sell just the carpet! :(

Thanks

Well then they are assholes. I sell it to customers all the time.

cruiserdan said:
I like the idea....Clever..

Thanks.

cruiserdan said:
Will there be enough air movement to cool the inverter?

Yes, there are going to be (2) 4" Fans in the rear of it to circulate the air and keep it cool. I will be using the digital ENGEL thermometer as shown here: http://www.compactappliance.com/xq/...roductID.8882/qx/shopping/product/product.htm To monitor the temp of the inside of the fridge and the temp of the inverter. The thermometer has 2 leads, one for the fridge and one for "Ambient" temp. I dont really care about the ambient temp, so i will be using that lead for the inverter! The specs say it is good to about 158

cruiserdan said:
You could also put a fridge slide on the top.

Correct, that is the long range plan and why i built it like this. For now, i will use the eyelets and it will be stationary, but down the road, it will have the slider setup!

Many more details coming along with my dual bat setup!

Thanks for looking!

El Perro Grande said:
Home Depot sells exactly what you want. They have it in rolls and sell it by the yard.

Damn! Why didnt i think of that? I probably could have picked it up when i got all the other stuff for the box! :D Heading there tomorrow!

Thanks

Nice choice of 12v outlets ( west marine) I did the eyelet thing for a while before I got the transit lock - (4) 9" rubber bungies did it perfectly

Looking good!

Home Depot will also sell you that fake grass stuff - use that instead :flipoff2:

This should be in outfitting not tech.

Junk said:
Home Depot will also sell you that fake grass stuff - use that instead :flipoff2:

Ahahaha... that would be epic. Certainly a straight line to ROTW from there.

desertdude said:
Nice choice of 12v outlets ( west marine) I did the eyelet thing for a while before I got the transit lock - (4) 9" rubber bungies did it perfectly

Looking good!

I got some 5/16" turnbuckles that i found @ home depot that are going to work out sweet with some mods. Details and pics soon! This will be semi permanent and will eventually be replaced by the slee fridge slider thing a mcbob!

Thanks

Mangler, have you tried UFO(Upholtery Factory Outlet? You know the ones who you hear advertised on the radio locally? They might have the grey carpet stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom