Where to buy grey carpet??? (speakerbox type) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rich said:
What you have installed is a typical, manually switched parallel battery system. I've shared my opinion on all riskes of which I am aware.

Baja should be fun. Watch out for the cows at night. In baja, if you hit a cow, you get to buy it - whether you want it or not! Bring steak knives.

Thanks Rich

Good thing i like my meat rare! :D

One remaining observation. When I started working out my install, I also considered using the same location for the switch that you have chosen, which is against the firewall. A slight risk, which may not be likely, but still, is a risk, is the possiblity that a cable could become unbolted from the switch. If this were to occur, then the cable lug could short out against the firewall. To mitigate against this happening (besides insuring that the lugs are properly tightened) be sure to use insulating lug covers. If you want to take a belt and suspenders approach, mount a section of insulating plastic between the switch and the firewall. Nylon would work and also be easy to machine.

Ahhhhh!

Rich, that is an EXCELLENT point that i havent even thought of! I am going to fab up a plastic plate to put behind the switch! Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Things Left to do are: Install fuses in appropriate places and install fans in the wood box holding the inverter to keep it cool! Then its DONE! Woo Hoo! Thanks for all your input!

Also, here is an UPDATED pic of the diagram i am using:

batdiagramnew.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom