When is alignment adjustment needed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks. Just getting my alignment done after installing an OME lift. If I get fiddly and tweak the front end another half inch, do I need to get the alignment done again? Can the lift be tweaked a little bit without throwing things out of spec?

I have raised my front end by .75" and did not have any issues. I would recommend purchasing a alignment plan for 1-2 years. That will allow you to adjust the front end until you find the best height. Any time you raise or lower the suspension everything changes. Normal driving usually causes the suspension to cycle more than a half inch up and down constantly, city driving will not show any irregular tire wear for a considerable amount of time. Highway travel where the suspension is static for a long time will show irregular tire wear soon. If you drive in the city and no highway, you can get away with it for a while. If you do all highway I would do it sooner than later. Best to get it aligned regardless. Tires are expensive, and nobody likes to drive a truck with poor alignment.

I have raised my front end by .75" and did not have any issues. I would recommend purchasing a alignment plan for 1-2 years. That will allow you to adjust the front end until you find the best height. Any time you raise or lower the suspension everything changes. Normal driving usually causes the suspension to cycle more than a half inch up and down constantly, city driving will not show any irregular tire wear for a considerable amount of time. Highway travel where the suspension is static for a long time will show irregular tire wear soon. If you drive in the city and no highway, you can get away with it for a while. If you do all highway I would do it sooner than later. Best to get it aligned regardless. Tires are expensive, and nobody likes to drive a truck with poor alignment.

x2 on this advice. I adjusted mine and it ate the front tires. Handled fine, but short tire life.

. . . or a lifetime alignment if it fits your long-term plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom