Wheel Decision (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys :)

Have not posted in a while been a busy guy..

But.. i have just gotten my P's ( for all you Australians ) or my Provisional License.. so i can now drive the 60!

Alright so the deal is.. i am trying to decide if i should keep the wheels below and get them painted in the colour i desire (Black) to match the freshly painted BullBar, Grill and Headlights.

OR

Should i just go buy some other wheels that will fit the same tires ? or just wait till it's time to buy some new tyres and get some new wheels aswell ?

RIMG0226.jpg

Also.. these wheels are to my knowledge the standard wheels that my dad got with the 60 when purchased new ( One Owner :D) ? and if so are they any good and worth painting black.

Thankyou in Advance for your Help and Opinions!

Daniel

P.S. Where abouts do i find the option for an avatar ? (I've checked all through the User Cp)

In the User CP there is a box for settings and options, under that heading
theres a Edit Avatar selection. That should be where you can add,change or
delete pics.

i am under the impression that steel wheels will hold up best to off-road use. get some stockers and paint or powdercoat to your choice.

oh, and welcome back and cheers on your "P" i spent some time in Oz and drove from sydney to canberra to perisher blue in the snowy mountains to ulladulla to cairns and back to sydney... long trip and some great times too. count yourself lucky that you live in such an amazing place.

hijack over.

Thanks Guys

philos1: I'm definately going to be going and exploring in the 60, i'll probably make a Blog or something out of it!

notagp_afj55: I just tried to find it and i'm either Blind or Stupid because i have no trouble doing it on any other forum.

cbmontgo: So these wheels might be likely to crack and such if i was to do some off-roading ?

On that Note!

I'm about to go measure the Tyres and Rims (Size, Width, E.t.c)

I was under the opinion that the stock 60 wheels where alot thinner than the wheels currently on the 60 but oh well..

Back with Info soon!

your wheels look magnesium.exuse the spelling i only completed the 5th grade:flipoff2: anyway if thats the case they are weak compared to most

first and most importantly, you need a certain number of post before you can have an avatar, i think it's something like 15 or 20.

those wheels are almost certainly an alloy wheel, i'd guess aluminum.
painting them is pretty much out, polishing could be in......though that would be serious work.

you're in oz get some 16" oem steelies, or even "better" some oem split rims, paint them gray and call it good.
60s look pretty darn cool with that setup.

Off topic, but I love the look of your cruiser, great color and classic decal lines!

Alright.. hard day of working on other things.. in between i had some time to check the Wheels :)

The Tyres are 31 x 10.5R15LT / 109R

The Rims are 15 x 7 - And are imprinted with Delta Australia

I have sadly also stumbled across Cancer in the car.. ( RUST ) well more of it.. see my other thread here for your input/info:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=105709

Southbound: Thankyou very much for the that comment, hopefully i can restore it to it's Former Glory ( Paint and Body Wise )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom