Wheel choices...down to 3, love feedback (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ready to pull the trigger on new wheels and sell my Tundra and LX wheels. The 3 final choices are:

Method Mesh 18" flat black
Method Race Wheels Mesh Wheels | Mesh Painted Truck Wheels | Discount Tire

Level 8 Mk6 18" bronze
Level 8 MK6 Wheels | Multi-Spoke Painted Truck Wheels | Discount Tire

MB 352 18" black
MB Wheels 352 Wheels | Modular Painted Truck Wheels | Discount Tire

The Level 8 are +12 (so 1.88"), the Methods are +18 offset (so 1.65") and the MB are +25 (so 1.377")

My current Tundra wheels are +60 offset on 1.25" spacers and I'm running 275/70/18 KO2. I figure the MB is the best direct option as it wouldn't push the tires out much further than my current setup and I'm leaning heavily towards them. I like the look of the Methods, but I think I'll look like a lowrider with the wheels pushed out that far.

Anyway, just wanted a few thoughts.

wheel_mrw_mesh_black_matte_na_5_20_z.png

wheel_lev_mk6_bronze_matte_na_5_20_z.png

wheel_mbm_352_black_matte_na_6_20_z.jpg

I would go with the MB. For whatever reason I think the black looks best on our rigs

The Level8 comes in gunmetal and black as well. :)

MB
Level 8
Method

@geanes

Went through this exercise just before I sold you my 1.25" spacers.

In the Method wheels: The only versions that are "hub centric" are Con6, Vex and Roost which have a 110.5 center bore. All the other 5x150 18" wheels are a 116.5 center bore. Toyota center bore is 110, so there is still a .5mm variance which is fine. Fuel offers a 110.3 which is closer to stock wheel hub bore but some of their wheels with 110.3 center bore don't clear the front hubs ( Tundra spec) like the Vector- they dont bore it 110.3 all the way through because of the type of center cap. The ANZA and a couple of others do clear. Its hit & miss and none of the online retailers have the information correctly displayed. If you scroll down to the bottom of Methods website, you'll see a link to Master Parts List. That has all of their wheels listed by part number, dimensions and indicates what the center bores are, and if they are hub centric or not.

Center Caps: Be certain the center caps clear the front hub-most dont and you'll have to make some mods.

I ended up with Method NV with the 116.5 centerbore. The center cap pushes in from the back and acts somewhat line a centering ring- the cap inner diameter is 110.5. How effective it is in helping center the bore on the hub is hard to tell. I had to mod the center cap for the from so the grease cap would clear the center cap- holes made that a simple mod. With larger center bore wheels keep in mind that you'll have to tighten the lugs with the wheel off the ground which will center the wheel on the hub. The only risk you run into with being out of balance is if the runout on your studs is off, which will create some wheel balance issues. I didn't have any problems, but you may want to keep this in mind as you shop for wheels.

You'll like the stance with the 25mm wheel offset- its perfect (with out the spacers).

IMG_0383.JPG
IMG_0385.JPG
IMG_E0434.JPG

I like the looks of the 18's, but I have 5 new 16's and would prefer something that does not use the factory style lug. I have seen a lot of the factories sieze and snap studs. Maybe i'm wrong but I think the taper seat lugs have less issues. Any options for 16's on 2000 LC.

Between those options, MB hands down.
26lbs per wheel compared to 32? That’s a significant difference if all other things are equal. Is the ring on that wheel removable? If so, I’d take it off and get the wheel a little lighter still. If not, no problem, I think it still looks good.

I have seen a lot of the factories sieze and snap studs.

I have seen a discrepancy on charts in tire shops for the proper torque for our vehicles, so I specifically ask them to only torque to 92 after I had the same problem. No problems since over three years.

mb bro......

Level 8. Main reason being is that I feel black wheels look awful on Cruisers.

I like the methods almost look like icons six shooter...I just picked up some tundra rims on CL and ordered some 275 70 18.

Sell me your spacers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom