wheel bearing maybe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the bearing with the green arrow seems fine but will replace anyways..

with the red arrow,theres a little play moving it in and out(normal?)

all in all,the 1st nut was not locked at all,and done up by a hammer and device of somesort,,and my bearing is destroyed,

Yippee:bounce:

I`m enjoying it to be honest,not the cost of it but the wrenching:wrench:

Judging from the second pic. your inner axle seal is done. The stub axle should be sitting in grease, not a grease/ gear oil mix. If you've gotten this far and haven't drained the gear oil I'd say it might be a tad low. I have done wheel bearings both ways (pre-load/ feel) I'm back to the FSM. After I do the bearings I monitor the hub to make sure it's not generating any excessive heat.

just my two cents...
your brake pads/caliper pistons most likely got pushed back from the wheel wobbling, then when you hit the brakes there was a long distance for pads to travel, resulting in pedal pump to reestablish contact with rotor. I'll bet master is OK, but do check out brakes when done.
have fun

i agree,when i pumped them they worked fine,but with a jolt here and there cause of disk movement..:cheers:

only doing bearing kit atm,

everything looks fine,(except the blown bearing) ordering kit and socket 2moro and got the inner seal 2day from toyota and put it in with a 34mm socket which fitted perfectly!..

probably should do the hole thing but funds arnt the best atm.

thanx all for your help so far..

down under jas

hey,
got all my parts and tools today,
races are in by hitting on top of old ones,worked really well,
anyways, im into it:wrench:

yey,
all done! fun job,
mis judged the first torque nut by 6pounds but corrected myself,
first time i used the type of wrench i used...

thanx for all ur help

cheers

i just pulled mine to replace a wheel stud. and i have the same thing the bearing seal is gone. just a little bit of metal spring left. will be doing same thing shortly.

thanks for all the nice pic's and info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom