Need help finding main bearing set replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an ‘81 BJ42 with a 13B. I believe I need to replace the main bearings but I need guidance how to identify the main bearing specs for correct replacement as well as where to locate preferably OEM main bearing replacements. I don’t know the month or year of the engine. Here are some photos of the bottom end and bearings -one photo has a T5B marking on the bearing. Does that provide any relevant information? Any help would be greatly appreciated.View attachment 3394636View attachment 3394617
IMG_8474.jpeg
IMG_8481.jpeg
IMG_8437.jpeg

IMG_8495.png

I have an ‘81 BJ42 with a 13B. I believe I need to replace the main bearings but I need guidance how to identify the main bearing specs for correct replacement as well as where to locate preferably OEM main bearing replacements. I don’t know the month or year of the engine. Here are some photos of the bottom end and bearings -one photo has a T5B marking on the bearing. Does that provide any relevant information? Any help would be greatly appreciated.View attachment 3394636View attachment 3394617View attachment 3394670View attachment 3394671View attachment 3394673

View attachment 3394597
I believe to determine which ones you need you need to get a standard set first then check with a plastic gauge and go from there if you are out of spec you have to buy another set and go from there.

some helpful info here in this link

You can get Taiho bearings from magengines.com. Your bearing doesn't look bad to me, not enough wear to grind the crank, although I can't see what the crank journals look like. Most likely you'll want standard bearings.

I believe to determine which ones you need you need to get a standard set first then check with a plastic gauge and go from there if you are out of spec you have to buy another set and go from there.

some helpful info here in this link
Thank you so much.

You can get Taiho bearings from magengines.com. Your bearing doesn't look bad to me, not enough wear to grind the crank, although I can't see what the crank journals look like. Most likely you'll want standard bearings.
I really appreciate that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom