What's your favorite wheel color? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2001LC

SILVER Star
Threads
Would it be one of the factory silvers, color matching body and or trim or a particular customer color?
I'm interested in what would be your favorite color?
Pictures if you have them!

I've some OEM 16" & 18" wheels, I'm planning on restoring. Trying to decide on powder coat color

Here's my 07LX with black..

Wheels 20 inch (1).JPEG

Depends on the color of the vehicle. For example, on white (or close to white) I like black wheels. But on blue, I like bronze wheels.

I know I’ll be in the minority, but I still like the OEM silver 16” and 18” wheels the best.
I too like OEM Silver, glossy more so than flat. I'm not sure what Toyota & Lexus call their silver colors?

Between 16" & 18" LC & LX.
At least 2 shades of OEM silvers.
3 possible more different wheel styles.
LC 16 FS.JPEG
LC 18 GS 06.JPEG
LX 18 FS 03.JPEG
LX 18 GS 07.JPEG

i painted a set of OEM 18s in gunmetal for my LX. i like the look

View attachment 3534751
Gun Metal with black, a sweet combo.
Depends on the color of the vehicle. For example, on white (or close to white) I like black wheels. But on blue, I like bronze wheels.
Matching body/trim, contrasting or shade variations like the Gun Metal with black. I like them all!

i’d go for a silver metallic refinish on those 20” wheels. Looks cleaner.

i’d go for a silver metallic refinish on those 20” wheels. Looks cleaner.
I agree with silver, would match body & trim nicely. Although I'd not paint those factory LX570 black 20" wheels, they're in mint condition.

If my 07LX with those 20". Say had black sliders and roof rack. They may blend better. But as it stand, the black wheels stand out to much. If also had black bumpers and black anti glare sticker on hood. The black wheels would look great.

I'm kinda partial to gray myself, I like the old school look and it pays tribute to the earlier Land Cruisers!
View attachment 3536027
View attachment 3536028

Blending and matching shades, with no more than 3 variation works.

But my favorite is one color end to end.

That built OD green with black bumpers, sliders, rack, etc. Would look great with matching black or OD green wheels.

OEM silver 18's – really hard to beat the stock wheel look for me, just too good. But, I really am starting to like those black/silver tundra wheels as a close second. I did some photoshopping a while back to see what looked the most "stock":

OEM Wheels 18.jpg

OEM Wheels Gunmetal 18.jpg

OEM Wheels Bronze 18.jpg

Tundra Wheels 18.jpg

OEM silver 18's – really hard to beat the stock wheel look for me, just too good. ..
Absolutely. OEM always look the best on Cruisers. I don't understand why enthusiasts deviate from them. My neighbor, who is not a "Cruiser guy", bought new tires and wheels for his LX 470 a couple years ago from Costco. Black LX now has black wheels. They look awful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom