What's the latest on SCS wheels for the 100 series? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just finished fitting these. 18x9 SCS Ray10's wrapped in 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The wheels where not a bolt on go type install. The fronts required some minor modification so they sat flush again the hub. The body, sliders, and shock reservoir mounts took a bit more work to keep it from rubbing under flex. I still need to modify the front center caps but overall I'm happy with the look.

View attachment 1744175 View attachment 1744178 View attachment 1744179 View attachment 1744181

So the rims themselves didn’t fit flush against the hubs? Aside from running 35’s, in theory the rims should fit, correct? There are tonnes of members running Method 305 NV with the same wheel spec. 18x9 +25mm/6” backspacing.

SCS Ray10's rims wont fit until you modify the hub. There is a small lip for the center cap in the center hub which needs to be removed before out truck hubs will clear.

So the rims themselves didn’t fit flush against the hubs? Aside from running 35’s, in theory the rims should fit, correct? There are tonnes of members running Method 305 NV with the same wheel spec. 18x9 +25mm/6” backspacing.
NV305 has a hub bore of 114mm so the wheel is not "Hubcentric". Also the NV305 have a push through (from back side) hub cap covers vs press fit from the front. They fit, but you have to tighten/torque the wheel lugs with wheel off the ground.

SCS claims all of their wheels but the F5 will not fit on a LC or locking hubs.
Disclaimer on BR6, RAY10, STEALTH6, SR8
Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 9.59.24 AM.png

Disclaimer for F5
Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 10.05.36 AM.png

any machine shop can remove the lip easily. I had it removed. The ray10s are my favorite wheels on the 100 series.

what about running a spacer, would that get the wheel enough away from the hub to not have to machine, and still get the center cap on??

What size F5's? What size/dimension KO2's? Lift height?
In the past F5s only came in 16 - there are talks of 17 and 18s in the future but right now all 5x150 F5s are 16”

Tires are 295/75r16

Lift at the time was OME 865 about 1.5”

Hope this helps.

Btw - these days I’m running a similar style 17” so shop around - SCS Wheels can be difficult to source. GL

FBE225B8-C3F9-413C-AC34-720FCF074DAB.jpeg

5CB3C415-3FDB-4B70-9C6C-FEB30213F0D2.png

The thing to consider with SCS F5s is the wheel weight (18.6 lbs) compared to other wheels that may be 5 lbs or heavier.

If you are into keeping rotating mass (e.g. unsprung weight) to a minimum for handling benefits, then SCS F5s may be worth considering. I was able to keep the wheel and tire weight to 72.5 lbs with 285/75R16 mud tires. Stock LX470 chrome finish wheels with Nitto Terra Grapplers weighed in around 75lbs. It's a personal preference thing that I want to keep wheel and tire weight at or below 75 lbs per wheel.

Many years ago, I got spoiled with some lightweight forged Fittipaldi racing wheels. It was a good experience that I've never been able to forget.

If you would like to get plugged into direct information about SCS wheels, there is a thread on Tacoma World where inventory updates are posted.

Getting into a set of SCS wheels came easy since I am tightly wound with Tacoma World. I can't blame SCS for target marketing to a prospective truck group with multiple millions of units on the road.

New SCS Inventory subscription thread - https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/new-scs-inventory-subscription-thread.489572/

If you are one of those people who are concerned about rotational mass and all that goes with it. Here's a thread where wheel pound counters hash it out.

Is there a reason why not a lot of guys run 17’s? I’m in the market for 100 series.. or 80 series if the price right. I’m doing my research for the past 3 months

Is there a reason why not a lot of guys run 17’s? I’m in the market for 100 series.. or 80 series if the price right. I’m doing my research for the past 3 months

Likely due to availability . . . 16s or 18s seem more prevalent.

In the past F5s only came in 16 - there are talks of 17 and 18s in the future but right now all 5x150 F5s are 16”

Tires are 295/75r16

Lift at the time was OME 865 about 1.5”

Hope this helps.

Btw - these days I’m running a similar style 17” so shop around - SCS Wheels can be difficult to source. GL

View attachment 2896089

View attachment 2896095
Really like these. What brand are they?

I just saw a SCS wheel drop posted on Tacoma World. If someone is interested in SCS F5 wheels, this would be a good time to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom