What's the latest on SCS wheels for the 100 series?

Hey guys, I need some help from changing from 275/60/18 OEM stock size to the 17x9 scs f5.

Most posts are for the older lc or lx that have the stock 16 and 17 size. I don’t see many posts on switching from stock 18 to 17.

One particular question is that a 275 has over 10” diameter. But the scs f5 wheel max diameter is a 9. Obviously, that wouldn’t fit right? Or am I miscalculating/misunderstanding something.

If anybody could tell me if it would work or not, whether or not I need spacers, and what tire size is recommended, I would appreciate it. Much appreciated.
SCS does not make a 17 wheel that would fit our 100 series. The only size they have is a 16x8.

SCS does not make a 17 wheel that would fit our 100 series. The only size they have is a 16x8.
Thanks for your reply. What tire size is recommended for a 16x8? Also, that is very skinny for a big tire. A 275 tire is about 10.4 inches wide and a 8 inch would be a 2+ inch change. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. What tire size is recommended for a 16x8? Also, that is very skinny for a big tire. A 275 tire is about 10.4 inches wide and a 8 inch would be a 2+ inch change. Is that correct?

Not that skinny. How big of tire are you planning on running? Not a wheel or tire guru but I’ve run 285/75r16

@Knowbuddy runs 285/75r16
I run 295/75r16
@duvinclunk runs 315/75r16

All on the 16x8 SCS F5 - zero issues!
Thanks for the details! You didn't need any spacers or anything right? Or any other custom configuration to support the tire?

I wonder how much that affects your mpg. Going from a 275/60/18 to a 285/75/16 results in this change using tiresizecalculator.com:

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 5.19.26 PM.png

I am running them as well and no issues, no spacers needed. I wish the offset was little lower.

Thanks for the details! You didn't need any spacers or anything right? Or any other custom configuration to support the tire?

I wonder how much that affects your mpg. Going from a 275/60/18 to a 285/75/16 results in this change using tiresizecalculator.com:

View attachment 1943143
For 285/75r16 I think the only thing you have to do is massage the plastic liner with a heat gun. Bigger tires require the pinch weld mod that @duvinclunk documents quite well in his build thread with pics to support

Read up on tire size, offset, wheel back spacing - it’s a whole new world of info. Can be confusing as well, but at least start with bolt pattern.

Almost Any modication will negatively impact mpg. You drive a LC, bad mpg comes with the territory.

For 285/75r16 I think the only thing you have to do is massage the plastic liner with a heat gun. Bigger tires require the pinch weld mod that @duvinclunk documents quite well in his build thread with pics to support

Read up on tire size, offset, wheel back spacing - it’s a whole new world of info. Can be confusing as well, but at least start with bolt pattern.

Almost Any modication will negatively impact mpg. You drive a LC, bad mpg comes with the territory.
Thanks, I found the build post and understand it much better now. I have also done some more reading on tires as well but man it is a little confusing at first lol.

I'm thinking of the 16x5 and going with a safe tire size of 275/70/16. There won't much change in the speedometer/odometer as well.

I bought this car less than a month ago and the tires were not in good shape. Since I need to get the tires ASAP, I'd rather get the wheels now and go with a safe tire size and wait until I can get the bigger tires, do the modding required, and change suspension at the same time. Currently, the vehicle is still on the stock suspension (161k miles now) so I feel like I will have to change it soon.

Any thoughts?

Dparo

SILVER Star
Please reconsider and find another company to spend your money with.

Top Bottom