What's the latest on SCS wheels for the 100 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The spokes on the FN wheels just look too narrow for the 100 in my opinion. Would love an F5 in 17 or 18.

I just finished fitting these. 18x9 SCS Ray10's wrapped in 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The wheels where not a bolt on go type install. The fronts required some minor modification so they sat flush again the hub. The body, sliders, and shock reservoir mounts took a bit more work to keep it from rubbing under flex. I still need to modify the front center caps but overall I'm happy with the look.

IMG_2732.jpg
IMG_2735.jpg
scs1.jpg
IMG_2723.jpg

I just finished fitting these. 18x9 SCS Ray10's wrapped in 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The wheels where not a bolt on go type install. The fronts required some minor modification so they sat flush again the hub. The body, sliders, and shock reservoir mounts took a bit more work to keep it from rubbing under flex. I still need to modify the front center caps but overall I'm happy with the look.

Please keep us posted on the required modifications to get these to fit. These pics may have just sold me on these wheels as I have the same color LX and like the look!

What suspension do you have?

Last edited:
Very nice.

sounds like you're sold on the f5 - obviously I'm a fan.

FN does have the five star and likely in stock - just isn't in their website. Call Dustin (owner) he's a good dude.

Here are some pics of them (I threw a pic of the tundra in the mix to show black on black but the center caps are diff for the 100)
View attachment 1743874 View attachment 1743875 View attachment 1743876

I agree I ran FN wheels on my 5th gen 4runner. Dustin is amazing to work with. I would seriously give him a shot. Plus it seems like everyone now days is running either f5s or rock warriors.

View attachment 1744175 View attachment 1744178 View attachment 1744179 View attachment 1744181
If the 35s don't work out for you I'm sure a 295/70r18 would do the job.

View attachment 1744175 View attachment 1744178 View attachment 1744179 View attachment 1744181

holy s*** now that's how you run some 18s

I agree I ran FN wheels on my 5th gen 4runner. Dustin is amazing to work with. I would seriously give him a shot. Plus it seems like everyone now days is running either f5s or rock warriors.
Word.

Means more coming from 2 guys who run F5s. Ha!

Evo Corse?
Edit: Just to clarify that’s not my 100 - I have a black one as well but I run F5s.

I believe they’re kmc

Either way they are a no nonsense wheel without all the hardware. A thumbs up in my book.

Last edited:
I was checking out those F5s and notice the bore size is listed as 4.9" on the SCS site. Is that right? Our bore is 110mm if I'm
not mistaken. I'm not a wheel expert, so is a 124.46mm cool here?

Also on the subject, when compared to a stock wheel with a +60mm offset, a +10mm offset is equivalent to having a 50mm spacer with respect to tire position, correct?

I was checking out those F5s and notice the bore size is listed as 4.9" on the SCS site. Is that right? Our bore is 110mm if I'm
not mistaken. I'm not a wheel expert, so is a 124.46mm cool here?

Also on the subject, when compared to a stock wheel with a +60mm offset, a +10mm offset is equivalent to having a 50mm spacer with respect to tire position, correct?
Without going on the website - I would guess the BS (back spacing - not bore size) is 4.9”

The bore opening / diameter (whatever) is absolutely hubcentric with no wiggle room or vibrations.

And yes, you’re correct on offset

Hope this helps.

Ah, yes. BS must be back spacing. That does help. Thanks!

Getting serious about ordering wheels and the F5 keeps rising to the top of the list. Any feedback from folks running these in regards to fitment, balancing issues, accelerated wear of 4wd due to the +10 offset, etc.?

Also hoping to gather some "seat of your pants" feedback regarding overall feel of the 16" F5 with heavier tires in regards to overall handling, steering, smoothness, acceleration manners, or any other noticeable changes in ride quality.

Sorry for beating a dead horse as I know this topic has been thoroughly discussed, but thought I'd get some current 2019 updates from any owners running these daily.

Thanks all...and really digging all of the F5 pics, such a great wheel on the 100/80 bodies.

Getting serious about ordering wheels and the F5 keeps rising to the top of the list. Any feedback from folks running these in regards to fitment, balancing issues, accelerated wear of 4wd due to the +10 offset, etc.?

Also hoping to gather some "seat of your pants" feedback regarding overall feel of the 16" F5 with heavier tires in regards to overall handling, steering, smoothness, acceleration manners, or any other noticeable changes in ride quality.

Sorry for beating a dead horse as I know this topic has been thoroughly discussed, but thought I'd get some current 2019 updates from any owners running these daily.

Thanks all...and really digging all of the F5 pics, such a great wheel on the 100/80 bodies.
I’ve had my F5’s on 265/75 16 ko2’s for a couple of months only but I really like how they fit and look. It sticks out just the right amount, not too much. I’ve lost about 1mpg I’ve noticed. As far as road noise, I can’t tell a difference from my old Michelin tires which weren’t all terrain and ride quality seems the same to me as well. Planning to take it to the mountains within the next two months so I can’t really say how they perform off road. Coming from 18” wheels, I do like the extra side wall cushion. If they made it in 17’s though, I would probably take those instead. The only thing I’d complain about is the paint. I took them to Costco to have it mounted and the paint came off rather easily near the center hub during the mounting process. But it could just be careless workers lol.

5CD91F0B-83C0-4752-9229-233B7C20636E.jpeg

815567AF-278F-49FF-ABBB-E3A4B7300ACE.jpeg

CDF316C2-C587-4D82-9626-284E266360F8.jpeg

The F5s are incredibly light weight for a non forged wheel. I think they’re 19lbs which is lighter than oem 16s. My guess is that the reported mpg loss from the above members is all due to the tires.

My 2 cents.

Hey guys, I need some help from changing from 275/60/18 OEM stock size to the 17x9 scs f5.

Most posts are for the older lc or lx that have the stock 16 and 17 size. I don’t see many posts on switching from stock 18 to 17.

One particular question is that a 275 has over 10” diameter. But the scs f5 wheel max diameter is a 9. Obviously, that wouldn’t fit right? Or am I miscalculating/misunderstanding something.

If anybody could tell me if it would work or not, whether or not I need spacers, and what tire size is recommended, I would appreciate it. Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom