What year is this Frame? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
normal_112007_16202.jpg

THe rig is a 75 but I was told this is a 74 and older frame...

Anyway, the damn wiper motor is crap and I need either a new motor or a proper year windshield frame and wiper motor to go with it...

What does anyone have for me?

Any thoughts? Opinions?

Hi All:

Do you have any other photos, like of the interior of the body tub?

The overhead wiper is '74 and earlier, for sure. The steering column almost looks like it is from a "three-on-the-tree" model.

What year did the padded dash pad start - 1973??

Regards,

Alan

Well thats the old style windscreen and if your handbrake is mounted on the dash and not on the floor it's the old style chassis as well.Also the fuel tank was under the seat in the early model as well. If the PO is telling you it was a 75 model then you got the last one ever made or you have been told porky's.

The Vin Tag is May 1975...

The title is 75, the Engine is F2, the clutch fork is on the Right hand side of the bell.

You Rubicon runners will see it this winter or next year. My client's home is less than a Mile from the Exit of the Rubicon, and that's his final goal.

Gary

It's difinitley an early model that has been alterred into a sports tub, that's why the doors are different, also fuel tank under seat.

Instrument cluster has word, fuel. temp etc, later model had cymbals.

My 1974 model I started out with was very simular to this when I first bought it. The PO started a rebuild then threw it together in the end.

I reckon this type of FJ make really good rebuilds. You strip them down to the chassis and start again. If you buy something half decent you tend not to strip to the chassis.

A good full year project this one.

Does the frame vin match the body tag vin?

The Vin Tag is May 1975...

The title is 75, the Engine is F2, the clutch fork is on the Right hand side of the bell.

You Rubicon runners will see it this winter or next year. My client's home is less than a Mile from the Exit of the Rubicon, and that's his final goal.

Gary

You know... I never bothered to look at the frame.... Will do this morning..

ANyone Have a 75 on up Windshield frame for sale cheap and close?

68 to 74 had that style motor at least mine do .on the newer style the wiper wire ran up the passenger side of the truck .your style the wires would be on the driver side and to put that windshield on a 75 and newer truck the wires would have to be reworked .if the wires are not modified then that w shield would be correct for that truck unless someone changed the harness good luck

I just did a brand new Painless Harness, so I can reach anywhere I think...

Anyone got a working wiper motor for one of these?

The Vin on the tag is FJ401988......

The frame is covered with a lift conversion kit and only FJ401988 shows... Or maybe it was all 888's I can't remember now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom