What sandblast equipment do you own? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi All,
I am thinking of buying a sandblaster for my shop and would like to know what equipment you are using and if you like it. Also, if you don't mind sharing what it cost you that would be a plus!

Thanks

I've been using one of these with one of these added on for about twenty years now.

If it doesn't fit in the cabinet, I've had one of these for about the same timeframe. When I bought it, TP Tools was selling them with the SKAT name on them as well. I forget what the story was as to why the cabinets and pressure pots went their separate ways. They were always made by different companies, but had some deal to work together for awhile.

That looks like a great cabinet. Looks heavy duty. Thanks for posting your info!

The SKAT cabinets are definitely well made. They also have a wide range of sizes.

Econoline blast cabinet:

Blaster.jpg

Picked it up used, rebuilt it with new internals, replaced the gloves/seals, and blew a quick coat of paint on it. Probably got around $600 into it. I replaced the plastic window with tempered glass, but still use plastic shields to keep from etching the glass. Buy the plasic in bulk rolls and cut it yourself. I actually take it to FedEx Office and use their paper cutter to slice it to size. You will be changing it often, if you do a lot of blasting rusty/nasty parts. The vac is a must. I also added a water separator.

Off the top of my head, I think it's 36" or so inside dimension (width). Probably 18" deep. Although the fluorescent light work fine, if it ever dies, I'll go LED. It has a 24 cfm gun, which takes a lot of air to run. I have a IR 7.5hp compressor with an 80 gallon tank, and it will cycle constantly during lengthy blasting sessions.

I normally just run Aluminum Oxide for media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom