What is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking under the front of my truck when i noticed that one of my brakes had some sort of vent or something of the sort that would suck in air to cool off my front disc brakes. The point is that I only have one on my left front disc brake and my right front disc brake seems to be missing this piece.
I am trying to figure out what you would call this so that i may order it or if it is necessary (which im guessing it is). Thanks -TC

called a dust cover I believe.

John

My manual calls it a brake backing plate but it is a dust cover as well.

2nd thought which bit are you refering to .The part with lots of small vents or the larger vertical vent .I be more worried about the dark mess on the left :eek:

we could make a whole thread of what's this parts....i've got one off a 65 fj45swb. the loop on the crossmember above the sway bar. my guess is some sort of spare carrier part, but that's hypothetical.

I got one for y'all. This thing attatches under the dash with one screw, just to the drivers side of the radio, but before the e-brake. Oh...it is a stock '75 FJ40.

I have no idea what it is... ???

Here is a shot of the topside

[quote author=xumFJ40 link=board=1;threadid=4087;start=0#msg30330 date=1060034320]
I got one for y'all. This thing attatches under the dash with one screw, just to the drivers side of the radio, but before the e-brake. Oh...it is a stock '75 FJ40.

I have no idea what it is... ???
[/quote]
Isn't that the light to illuminate the heater vent control?

Interesting....not sue if it works or not....cruiser is in pieces :D

Thanks,

-R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom