What is this vacuum valve? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caladin

Noob, but trying to learn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bz93.com
I'm gradually replacing my vac lines, and found another broken vacuum valve.

This one appears to be a temp sensor of some kind, it's under/by the thermostat?

Any help identifying it, and or where to get one is greatly appreciated.

One of the nipples is broken off, and it's covered in greasy gunk and I have my doubts of it surving cleaning enough to repair (though I will try, it worked on my HACV)

Dead center of the Pic, 2 hoses coming out of the top...
1000000692.jpg

1000000693.jpg

Rewplacing the vac lines, and their leaks have noticbly improved the pep of the engine, which is nice.

Thanks for assistance.

E-

Last edited:
This might help

Looks like the "pink" one. 90925-05046. That number will appear on the side opposite the vacuum ports. That one is discontinued.

If it's the "purple" one that is a 90925-05035. That one appears to still be available.

Yours is discolored so It's hard to tell.

If those switches are in their original locations the upper one should be the purple one.

The top one is pale pink, the bottom one an orangish pink... I wonder if a pink got put in place of a purple by the po?

Do they just switch at different temps?

I'll dig out my bore scope and see if I can read the part,
Couldn't - quite get my phone in there and read it...

1000000695.jpg

found this useful info on the thread linked in post #2

"The violet BVSV is used by the EGR system to prevent the EGR valve from functioning until the coolant temp reaches 86º F.
The pink BVSV is used by the choke opener to prevent the choke opener from functioning below 41º F.
Neither are deal breakers. If the engine is allowed to warm up a bit before driving, you'll never miss the violet bvsv. If starting the engine below 41 ºF, the choke will crack open a little sooner than optimum."

Suspect I need a purple.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yeah I just ordered one of each, old, brittle, discontinued AND right where I'll break it messing with the thermostat & rad hoses...SOLD! Both just just over $100 shipped to my door.

Totally worth it.

That's a decent price as well.
Yeah I just ordered one of each, old, brittle, discontinued AND right where I'll break it messing with the thermostat & rad hoses...SOLD! Both just just over $100 shipped to my door.

Totally worth it.

if you carefully pull off the 3mm vacuum hose 's , then the virgin un-UV-damaged OEM ASCO color-keyed nylon will expose itself in the deep rich PLANT A11 original pastel .....
:D

@cruiserdan , which complex below is PLANT A11 ?

1706999866197.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom