what is this?? jack mount? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I believe that the hi lift jack mounted on the side its just looks sick, for me the best place,i dont have any skill on fab,but i design my own plate-bracket and a friend welded for me ..:meh:
P1040673.jpg
P1040674.jpg
P1040676.jpg

Last edited:
I've always liked this method of holding down the high-lift and wondered what the mounts looked like. I know now. Thanks for the post, I'll be refilling the gas bottle and firing up the welder next week!

"""is that a chunk of rubber b/w the jack the plate, or is that metal too?""""
Its metal 2x1 and believe me,its hold the jack in place,1 bolt at the base on the running board,thanks and sorry for hijack the 1 thread..

For the CB antenna,if you have a rear bumper n spare tire its a good place,i will prefer the front bumper mount-looks different like a Dakar rally,but next to the hilift jack its not a good place,remember that the radio cb ant.its the + side of the radio signal and the jack its grounded together with the body=poor reception+ poor transmitting power=:ban:

So i mount my 2 ant. at the front...The ARb bumper came with the plate for that.
n558416717_2864168_4709037.jpg
P1040337.jpg

I have a Kaymar mount.. It works ok, but I put packers between the bracket clamp and the jack to clamp the jack tight, otherwise the bracket will deform.. I ordered mine for the left side of the vehicle, then decded to install a snorkle on that side.. So, I had to modify the bracket for the right side.. Keep in mind any modifications you migt do in this area of the vehicle in the future.. Also, the jack mechanism will get gunked up sitting there, its a good idea to cover it somehow, carry a fixit kit and a can of CRC.. I paid around $60 Australian for mine, but only because I needed something in a hurry, I'd usually make something like this..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom