What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you sir. I just looked again and it looks like these may be it found under the hood and front fender diagram. The 06375. For a couple bucks I'll probably get both. They probably will both work the same so long as same thread size. Now off to find the power steering reservoir p/n.

Screenshot_20230129_064255_Chrome.jpg

Installed the Jowett filter housing with an oil change. Power steering flush. Noticed that the I side of the reservoir is dirty enough you can't really see the fluid level until you go above the staining. No idea how to take it apart to scrub the sides. May order a new one.

Also noticed I'm missing a bolt that holds the front splash guard that goes around the recovery points onto the front skid plate. No doubt from the last dealer oil change. Looked in toyota parts online for a while and can't find it on the diagrams for the life of me. Anyone know what it might be off hand? 2018 LC.

View attachment 3232547

If you haven't seen @bloc's post on the factory splash guards and their bolts, it's pure gold. Located here

If you haven't seen @bloc's post on the factory splash guards and their bolts, it's pure gold. Located here
Holy crap that is brilliant. That's getting printed and laminated and going in the garage cabinet. I never remember where the large and small M8s go each time I take them off as I just chuck them on the ground when I drop them each time. Now if only I could start contributing something useful to this forum instead of constantly being on the take...

What about the latches? Without the bar I imagine you would have to connect the base plate to the factory bumper somehow?

Do the latches block the parking sensors? I think I read that somewhere.
Here’s a link to part 1 of 2 of a video install with stock plastic cover. I recall latch attachment is covered, but because it’s OZ the parking sensors weren’t a factor.

View attachment 3231719

I finished my Group 31 battery upgrade last night -- the stock battery was getting a bit iffy after 5.5 years, and I'd rather swap it out before running into a lot of trouble later.

I will say that wrestling with the inner fender liner plastic was considerably harder than I expected it to be, but it's all back in place now.

The new battery is an Interstate 31P-MHD lead acid.

And in the remainder of the weekend, I ran a fuse tap for the Gamiviti dashboard panel USB charging port, and installed the Redarc trailer brake controller I've had sitting around for a few months.

Last edited:
Had Ironman stage 2 FCP suspension, Ironman premium bumper (with LED fog light upgrade), Ironman winch, Method 703 +35mm in Titanium, and 285/75r17 Toyo AT3 E load installed. Ride is more firm than stock but in a good way. Very happy with everything - pictures don’t really do it justice - love the look, ride, and ground clearance. Installed by LC of Houston and if you’re in Houston, you should definitely check them out. Vladimir (head mechanic) grew up working on Land Cruisers and restores them now. Personal service, attention to detail, and great communication throughout the planning, ordering, and install phases.

2FDF4FD7-B2EA-4D39-A212-D39832D88D1C.jpeg
B8E7E2CA-DF73-489D-93E8-5C096426F201.jpeg
7977C76E-232D-488C-9E40-E7C7AEFEE776.jpeg
10978987-CEF4-4511-B8BF-78A500254132.jpeg
D4EF9C62-A08B-448A-8714-C4D566204703.jpeg

Had Ironman stage 2 FCP suspension, Ironman premium bumper (with LED fog light upgrade), Ironman winch, Method 703 +35mm in Titanium, and 285/75r17 Toyo AT3 E load installed. Ride is more firm than stock but in a good way. Very happy with everything - pictures don’t really do it justice - love the look, ride, and ground clearance. Installed by LC of Houston and if you’re in Houston, you should definitely check them out. Vladimir (head mechanic) grew up working on Land Cruisers and restores them now. Personal service, attention to detail, and great communication throughout the planning, ordering, and install phases.

View attachment 3233323View attachment 3233331View attachment 3233334View attachment 3233336View attachment 3233339

Turned out great! I saw their posts of your truck on IG this weekend. I thought about having him do the install on mine but his quote was silly high, almost in line with another well known Houston shop that over prices their services. It's good to hear that at least these guys know what they are doing.

Turned out great! I saw their posts of your truck on IG this weekend. I thought about having him do the install on mine but his quote was silly high, almost in line with another well known Houston shop that over prices their services. It's good to hear that at least these guys know what they are doing.
Thanks! I thought it was pretty reasonable but I didn’t quote anyone else out. I really value knowing who’s working on my truck for big mods and also having them give regular updates and being responsive to texts/calls. I had issues with other well known shops on communication, especially after problems arose.

Your truck turned out really nice as well!

Replaced the cheap black Amazon special tuner lug nuts I put on 3 years ago with the proper McGuard lugs. The coating was pitting and rusty and looking terrible. Next I’ll have to do something about the rough looking center caps…
0E41E5CD-B1E9-444F-B06F-6A81E88BB65C.jpeg

View attachment 3233323View attachment 3233331View attachment 3233334View attachment 3233336View attachment 3233339Looks so great - love the wheel color with the white body. Got my lift done last month and doing wheels and tires next. Surprised how dark the titanium Methods look in your photos compared to Method’s stock photos on their site. Are yours the “Gloss Titanium”?

Last edited:
Added a Wescott designs coil lift for the front and rear and added 285/75/17 KO2s. Very happy with the results. Still need to do some trimming up front but very happy so far.

Edited to add: all spacers were used 2 front and 1 rear. Also, spidertrax 1.25 inch wheel spacers used.
5617A3CA-B8E7-4283-A709-96F4FCA22B31.jpeg

Last edited:
Added a Wescott designs coil lift for the front and rear and added 285/75/17 KO2s. Very happy with the results. Still need to do some trimming up front but very happy so far.

View attachment 3234390

Looks great! Did you use all of the spacers included in the kit? (2 front 1 rear) Do you have any measurements for the lift you gained? I've seen several people leave off the smaller front spacer and it looks very level just like yours.

Cheapo bubble level in the upper console lid for checking level at camp. Double sided tape keeps it in place.

yDgaHA1.jpg

I woke up to this:
89D1E481-B608-4453-A83D-CAB92977B122_1_105_c.jpeg

The AHC wouldn't come up until I refueled at the station 15 miles later. Also had a weird warning come up that I had a "Window Open" whenever I turned off the car. Obviously, I would have noticed an open window. Once I got home, I "reset" the windows by rolling all the way down and back up again, holding the switch up for a second or two after and the warning has gone away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom