What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Base model -ordered Heritage centercaps w black lugs to go with black Tundra wheels. Keeping stock wheels for AT Chaser Trailer.
Very exciting.
Hey all, I’ll get a round to a proper introduction sooner or later. I’ve been learning tons from all of you for a while now.

regardless... last week I was able to get a bunch of stuff taken care of. full fluid change on the 200, installed my TD lift from Jason and moved my airbags over, removed 10 y/o ppf ( huge pain in the ass) and installed some new in some areas. Got my high lift and max trax mounted up top. Finally, pull out and packed up the opus and started headed out to CO from PA with the family on Monday. The month long trip gave me a good excuse to get everything sorted out.

7E66362C-9CA8-407F-AAEE-C9DB3ED28616.jpeg

4E55661D-5576-418F-B421-472871F1DBC4.jpeg

3EE84B4D-6377-48AD-BE08-F924A89BD623.jpeg

3EFB24F6-303C-4E89-8DF4-FF9EF6A04275.jpeg

^Great looking truck and setup there. Really liking the fender flares, gives it a nice muscular look with those meats. What size are those tires?

^Great looking truck and setup there. Really liking the fender flares, gives it a nice muscular look with those meats. What size are those tires?
Thanks, much appreciated. They are the “factory flairs” that were on some of the southern 200s when sold (Pretty sure they are the Bushwacker flairs). I wasn’t sure how I initially felt about them. I like the cleaner look of trucks without them, but they have certainly grown on me.

tires aren’t that large. 275/70/18 wildpeaks I have 285/70/18 ridge grapplers to put on when we get back from the trip. I love the look of these trucks with a moderate lift and large tires.

Added a second set of wheels from a 2017 LC to run highway/all season tires on the 2013 cruiser:

LT275/70r18 Nokian One HT

See post 1,116 in the Tire and Wheel data base for details and a comparison to the kenda klever RTs

so far the ride is noticeably smoother and quieter with Handling and braking improved. The looks well not so much, going to take some getting used to.

B2A6BC64-45F3-4BA3-B9C1-CD6D2FBBE6D2.jpeg

Last edited:
Rear bumper install, trans fluid flush, oil change, rhino rack three crossbar system and I’m having tail pipe put in from where I cut the resonator off. Ready for Moab now. 😴
Awesome! Let’s see the pictures, sounds like a busy week for the 200.

Went to Costco today, loaded the back with goods then hit the grocery store, grabbed some milk and a few other items. Placed grocery bag on rear back left seat. Rushed home for a Zoom conf call. Opened back door and found milk spilled all over the seat, leaking down into the driver side channel. Noticed it was dripping outside in three different spots - see arrows. Well engineered to allow water to drain out. Anyway, PITA. Raised the back rear left seat and milk just dripped everywhere too. The two back seat anchors acted like tubs and were full of milk.

Reluctantly poured some water in the side channel to clear out the milk. Also used a syringe to suck out as much as possible. Drained towards the front, out near the front tire given my suspension setup and no fridge or gear mounted in the back at the moment.

IMG_9225.jpeg

IMG_9231.jpeg

IMG_9226.jpeg

IMG_9232.jpeg

First oil change and tire rotation at DIY Austin. 4600 miles. Switched to Mobil 1 synthetic 5W30 and added a Fumoto drain while I was at it. Oil pressure gage running a tick or two higher.

View attachment 2640990
I just looked this place up based on the ‘DIY’ in the name... what a cool idea! I’d really love a place like this where I could use a lift when need be.

I just looked this place up based on the ‘DIY’ in the name... what a cool idea! I’d really love a place like this where I could use a lift when need be.
It was indeed a cool spot! I edited my post to add a link. They get the car squared up on the lift, then let you off. They have just about every standard and specialty tool you would need available- just bring your own parts and fluids.

Why the swap to the thicker 5w30? Is the 0W20 not still recommended? There’s a big thread on it in the firs
Why the swap to the thicker 5w30? Is the 0W20 not still recommended?

Added Slee accessory bracket as a place to set my relocated winch control box. Initially I baulked at its price ($150) and was just going to DYI something but then just pulled the trigger as I need to get done with the mods/additions and decided time was worth it. After receiving it, I see why it costs what it does. Its a fabrication genre work of art. Heavy stainless steel, well thought out, and very simple to install. A lot of design, and I'm sure prototypes, went into this. Probably total overkill for anything I could imagine mounting on it. An aluminum version may have been a little less expensive but I doubt much. Weight might be a good reason to make it out of aluminum.

Of course the holes don't to align with the Warn control box mounting holes but drilling the holes I needed was easy.

B48B5617-E934-41D3-ACB0-D8F74E45F63B.jpeg

83ED2110-6C9B-4139-9180-219B29F16806.jpeg

8A1BC3D8-A9BE-4334-AFAB-FF10F56040CF.jpeg

Last edited:
Had the RLD 360 Awning fail today :(

It wasn’t very windy either which sucks even more because I love the damn thing :(.

A31EE4FF-54B0-4D9F-B136-2FD6162A31F1.jpeg

45BF2934-8788-4561-933B-7F2D3DFE07AD.jpeg

Oil Change, 5-30W. Fumato oil pan drain worked like a charm.
Also relocated the camera to the TJM bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom