What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What features are missing from the Trail-Tailor? I have it and its been great, but if there is something I'm missing out on, it would be great to hear what they have dreamed up. I don't see anything on their site to describe features. Maybe I'll try to swing by there this week to get the scoop.

What features are missing from the Trail-Tailor? I have it and its been great, but if there is something I'm missing out on, it would be great to hear what they have dreamed up. I don't see anything on their site to describe features. Maybe I'll try to swing by there this week to get the scoop.
They tell me its very similar to the Tundra mount. Has space to relocation the Warn Zeon series control box within the faming, includes support wings for the plastic bumper.

New front calipers for a client. 6 spots, 355mm.

IMG_0507.JPEG

IMG_0506.JPEG

Hey guys, I just received my BudBuilt Skid plates. I have a 2020 Land Cruise HE. Like i posted before, this is not my first Build. It is my first Land Cruiser. I took my time before ordering the Bud Builts. Ended up ordering everything in stainless steel, Had the front painted in red and got the Fuel skid in aluminum ( Did not install it yet, Ran out of time.) Compared to my other builds, This is the first time that nothing had to be adjusted, re-drilled, hammered into position. The packaging was first class. ( I know it ends up in the trash, but to me it shows that someone cares. I have ordered skids for previous builds and the boxes have holes in them with missing hardware. What scarred me at first was after opening up a few boxes and saw that i had not received any hardware, got worried and started thinking here we go again. Ony to realize that they package all the hardware into its own box with everything individually packaged and marked so that you know exactly what bolts washers etc. go with what skid plate. Makes the installation process so easy. I know it may not be a big deal for some, but for me a diy guy working under the car with no lift it is. Next week I should be install the fuel tank skid. I also order the rock sliders. Can’t wait to get them installed.

IMG_3345.jpeg
BF588606-BC83-4949-BB6A-1D4DAA5B5476.jpeg

I’ve done a lot lately. Probably should start a build thread. I got the total chaos belly pan installed. When I took off my stock crappy skids I saw evidence of water pump leaking. I already had a small radiator crack starting a few months ago (102k) so I ordered new radiator, water pump, thermostat housing, and belt. 💸💸💸
64FE7B08-0592-4B7C-9707-148D241DCA45.jpeg
14B48209-9FCC-4F2F-9C25-9D345EB5B3A7.jpeg

noticed I am missing the small oil drain plug access cover and 2 bolts, anyone got a part number for this?

Looks to me like it might be this:

Rear Shield Seal - Toyota (51456-60070)​

OEM Toyota Rear Shield Seal For 2008-2020 Toyota Land Cruiser

But I'd wait until someone more knowledgeable than I can confirm.

HTH

Fab’d up a mount for fridge tie down. As a bonus, it has room to tie down a water jerry can next to it (don’t worry, not going to store gas, just don’t have the water can yet for fitting).
E0E1D6EE-842A-4B88-9AF9-30109DDAAA3E.jpeg

45E55B2D-C5D3-452D-AE94-B75D4F9579C5.jpeg

Revisited the FAQ thread and dug back into some linked threads I haven't looked at since I joined the club. Also found some links that were new to me and very helpful. Also noticed that most of the threads I've been digging into, I understand WAY better today and am getting more out of than back when I first looked at them as a new 200 owner. So what did I do to my 200 series this week? I became a more knowledgeable owner by revisiting the FAQ and probably accelerated my decision making on some upcoming mods...

Big shout out to @Romer for all the work keeping it organized and updated. If anyone hasn't visited it in a while I would encourage you to do so as I got a lot out of it despite losing several hours reading threads I vaguely recognized from when I read them 18 months ago. Amazing how often I see the same discussion happening in detail when a very thorough thread on the topic is already linked in the FAQ.

This board never ceases to amaze me with the knowledge collected over the years.

Took a trip out to Burro Wash yesterday. Goal was to make it to Lake Mohave, but ended up just a 1/4 mile shy. The trail got pretty rough and with no other vehicle with me and no winch, I decided not to chance it as it was getting late.
The Chevy tried to climb the hill to the last section to the lake but started tipping heavily to the drivers side so he backed off. I tried it and it took a couple tries to find the right line. (I need to remember to turn off the parking assist)

I let my driving partner get a little practice on the off-camber stuff. She doesn't like to drive off-road to often, so I consider it a victory anytime I can get her in the drivers seat off-road.

It was a very bouncy day. This was a rough trail. But it was beautiful weather and a great evening for a drive.

20210307_160903.jpg

20210307_161000.jpg

20210307_164809.jpg

20210307_164853.jpg

20210307_165046.jpg

Last edited:

Ran Black Gap Road, Big Bend National Park, southbound. Apologies for the dizzying camera work. That's what you get when your film crew/co-pilot is 12 years old.

What's interesting is that this is a Jeep rated trail that allows one to earn a badge for completing. No problem for a Cruiser.

Last edited:
Picked her up this morning from Goode’s off-road in Dallas. Added:

Ironman foam cell pro stage 2 - only a 1 inch lift and did a 1 inch comfort rear spring to get a lower spring rate and add to the comfort of the ride and not be too stiff.... and not too tall (happy wife happy lift - I couldn’t scare her just yet ;))

Frontrunner Slimline II full rack with the full wine faring ...

next is a pedal commander because @lostonaroad convinced me it’s amazing.. and sliders !!!

doing chrome delete this coming week hopefully if it’s warm enough.

Also the lift makes me want bigger tires

PS Michael Goode is the real deal....Fantastic quality work easy to work with great prices on some other mechanical things I had done and some in the past and said he’s a little slow but I had no problem with that.

View attachment 2604338View attachment 2604340View attachment 2604341
View attachment 2604344View attachment 2604345
What rear springs did you go with here specifically ? I’m looking for a 1 inch lift in the rear but soft and comfy like stock. And did you need aftermarket upper control arms w this lift? Thanks!!

Power steering fluid exchange with M1 synthetic ATF, fluid filmed some exposed metal/female threaded connections in the engine bay, and wire brushed some battery corrosion off the terminals and applied dielectric grease.

Purchased the following parts in preparation for a steering rack replacement and an annoying knock I have from the front.

- Steering rack assembly
- RHS and LHS CV axles
- RHS and LHS lower control arms
- steering column

That should do the trick

I replaced the starting battery in my Landcruiser today. The PO had installed an Odyssey battery at some point, but no records as to when. Battery was dead this AM. I jumped it with a jump pack and drove it up skiing this morning. Then back home. I had the battery "load tested" at Schucks and it tested as "OK, but needs a charge". The alternator appears to be working, cranking out 13.7volts at idle. I figured the Odyssey would have been charged up after a two hour drive, so I made the decision to replace. I bought a Toyota branded Interstate battery from the local Toyota dealer. Only $137 and a 7 year warranty. Went with OEM style flooded lead acid over an AGM or Lithium based battery as I don't have any extra electrical draw in this rig, the charging system is set up for it and I like simple on my daily drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom